ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ethernet Cable Routing

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hi, i'm quite handy with most things but this has got me reaching for the keyboard.

In my flat my BT master socket is in a utility cupboard and its separated from the TV/XBOX/ATV by two walls.

My current set up is Router, Homeplug, Homeplug, Switch and then ethernet to all the respective items that need it but this is a slow set up. So i've ordered some flat ethernet and was going to just run it under the carpet until i started thinking about the unused phone cabling in the flat;

27ae68337491715.png

Could i just tie the new cabling and pull it through, change the faceplate and wammo mega neatness, or shall i stop being ambitious and just run it under the carpet?

If the first option is remotely possible, how do i do it? Literally just tie it on at one end and pull?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've got some cheap ones, they aren't great. 30mb/s tops.

All the ones ive seen have 10/100 ports so the max you'll get is what 60mb/s?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah theres a Linux box running plex in there thats got all my content on.

Currently its not a big issue, but my internet is going from ADSL to Infinity 2 at the end of the week and i'd like to make use of the potential 70mb increase.

Upgrading the HP's is a easy solution, but its still not as quick as cable no matter what i do.