ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

errrm HELP

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
right im currently fitting an F7p to my mk1 RT.

came to fitting the lump today, with a derv gearbox, the lump went in ok but the differential is now sat on the steering rack and the dogbone/cradle is about 3inch away from the bracket on the gearbox.

im using the origional rt dogbone and top gearbox mount and a valver top engine mount

do i need a different dogbone? top gearbox mount? steering rack?

help appreciated asap

:(

I imagine it's just a mounts issue as the engine is physically bigger (I assume?) therefore will need to be mounted in different locations (I guess?)

so

is there a difference between the valver top gearbox mount and dogbone to the RT one?

Personally, I have no idea, but I can only assume so. The engines are a completely different size and shape! but I don't know if they're designed to fit on the same mounts.

Check over on WC or C16v!

checked on GSF and they only stock one kind of gbox mount and one dogbone so im presuming its the same on all mk1's??

as the differential is sat on the steering rack (none P/S model) would swapping this for a P/S version or a 16v one solve the problem??

right got some pics albeit not very good ones.
so the engine is currently sat in the bay like this
19-04-08_1251.jpg

19-04-08_1252.jpg

and the diff casing (white line) is already hitting the steering rack so the engine cannot be straightened up in the bay.

19-04-08_1250.jpg

any ideas how to sort this?