ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engineers, Solidworks or Inventor or Fusion 360?

Solidworks or Inventor or Fusion 360

• Solidworks

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Inventor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fusion 360

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Currently we have Geomagic Design X, but we are looking at getting either Solidworks, Inventor or Fusion 360.

The internet suggests Solidworks is the market leader but Inventor seems to be becoming very popular so looking at the most future proof option.
I know theres a few people using the software on here so which would you pick and why?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Used both prefer solid works more. More Company's use this than inventor imo.
Both do some stuff easier or better than the others.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haven’t used the other options but solid works is very intuitive and easy to learn. Would recommend.

I’d liken it to Siemens unigraphics which rolls Royce like to use

We have a solidworks stockist on here too iirc

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve used Solidworks, Pro Desktop, AutoCAD and Blender, prefer Solidworks the most TBH. I have heard some fairly good things about inventor but nothing in comparison to SW.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Having used Solidworks and Inventor, although not that much Inventor, I'd say there isn't a lot between them from what I could tell.

What are you trying to do?

Autocad based stuff deals with quick editing of legacy dwgs, dxfs etc very well so is good for managing drawings of existing products. Dassault’s eDrawings is in this respect nowhere near as good.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers for responses all.

What are you trying to do?

Autocad based stuff deals with quick editing of legacy dwgs, dxfs etc very well so is good for managing drawings of existing products. Dassault’s eDrawings is in this respect nowhere near as good.

Reverse engineer stuff from 3d scan data so that it can be remade. eg. Currently some old bridge bearings.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i so need to up my game, i use autocad 2006. its all i have and all i know how to use :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We had a request from our manufacturing facility in south Wales for a new CAD PC. We asked what software they wanted on it and said SolidWorks immediately.

No real personal experience of using any of them tbh - though I'm the licence manager here for our AutoDesk stuff too. Had some fun and games getting Fusion 360 to be successfully licenced in the past....