ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine whine

golf gti soon clio !
hi there
I'm new to the clio world picked a 182 up yesterday (seller told me he thinks its the lower aux belt idler)
basically it whines makes no change if the clutch is down or not or if the engines hot or cold and it gets louder/ high pitch the more you rev it

its had the belts done not long ago but he thinks they may not have changed the lower aux belt idler, and it being lower to the ground it will get wet ect

any ideas what it could be ? or should i just change the aux belt and idler and Tensioner with spring

cheers guys

Renault Clio182 bean
As Simon16v says, I thought this when I bought mine. I changed the Cambelt and all bearings (inc dephaser) and complete Aux belt kit and its never changed. I changed them because they were due but the noise stayed anyway. I'm sure its the power steering setup that's noisy.