ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap advice....

172/A4 Tdi
This should be simple enough (He says...)...

I've got a recon F4R on the way to replace mine, as my bottom-end looks like it was involved in a NATO missile strike in Libya.

I presume people have done a straight swap before - but I just wanted some opinions of problems you may face and roughly what time frame we're looking at? It'll be 2 of us in a workshop with all tools etc - so couldn't ask for a much better set-up tbh. I've just never changed one before!

I did search for a guide - But couldn't see one.

Any advice MUCH appreciated!!!

Mike

How handy are you and your mate and how wwell equipt are you could do it in a day easy if you know what your doing

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed, no more than a days work for two people if you have everything to hand.

Worth doing cambelt etc while its out of course, far easier than doing it once its back in as you have so much more room to do so.

172/A4 Tdi
Well my mate is a full-time mechanic (I use the term 'MECHANIC' not 'Technician' or 'fitter' lol) and I'm fairly capable of basic stuff (have done a clutch before etc). It'll be at his workshop or on my drive with his van on-site full of tools - So I'm hoping all will be well :)

Thanks for the replies though - you know what its like not knowing - always handy to have someone say its not too bad of a job ;)

Mike