ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine noises

Clio 1.5 dci
Hi guys started up the car this morning and my engines making a whining noise. Opened up the bonnet and it's coming from where the belts are but can't pinpoint it. I previously had a car where the water pump went and it sounds like that however I have no issue with leaking or overheating or pressure in the coolant system? Is there an ongoing issue with the tensioner or something that might make this noise or could it be the water pump? Btw the car is a clio mk2 dci 04 :)

Cheers
Fletch

renault clio 1.4 16v
could be a number of things, if u can post a vid.... would give some guru on here a better idea, i have a light squeel, chirping noise comeing from the altenator in mine, when my water pump went it made no noise at all

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take the aux belt off and run it briefly to rule out something on the aux belt run Vs timing belt run