ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Light

Sunflower Ph1 172
Was just cruising down the motorway at 60 (traffic) on the way home from work, and the engine light just randomly came on. No other symptoms, revs freely, pulls ok, no knocking or missfiring. Wasn't too worried as I thought it was just an emmissions light. However after doing a bit of searching everyone keeps mentioning the engine light on the RIGHT had side. (I can't see where that light would be, as this one appears to be the only 'engine' light that I can see on the dash).

The car does have a sports cat, but the light hasn't come on before. Any ideas?

9bf6d4d9.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Don't panick as that's the MIL - It really needs plugging in to say why its on i'm afraid but normal culprits are H02 sensors.

Mick

Sunflower Ph1 172
Just to add. Chaged the oil at the weekend (correct grade) and that's about it. I knocked the oil pressue sensor (green one on the front of the block) in the process, which made the oil light flash on and off when accelerating. Quickly sorted that by just giving it a push. Just wondering whether there could be something else I may have knocked.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Don't panick as that's the MIL - It really needs plugging in to say why its on i'm afraid but normal culprits are H02 sensors.

Mick

ah brill.. was a bit worried. tried searching and everyone was on about a light on the right hand side of the dash. Even after a quick call to f0xy he asked if it was the light on the right hand side. Fingers crossed it's just a sensor.

Mk5 golf gti
It should go out after a few starts

Unless the problem is still there then it won't reset

Sunflower Ph1 172
It should go out after a few starts

Unless the problem is still there then it won't reset

Well I'll keep an eye out, and see if it goes away. Got a busy couple of weeks ahead so not really got a huge amount of time to fix anything.