ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion/upgrade/swap?? HELP!!!

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
hi guys, i am the proud owner of a 1.6 16v clio on the mk2 phase 1. ive done a few subtle mods to it, nothin over the top, just made it look smart. for this reason, i want to keep her but......
....... the engine has broked!!!

i know that most of u will say "fit a 172/182 lump into it", which is cool, its the straight forward an one of the easy options, but i want to do somethin different, but still not havin to chop the front end of my car off to do so tho! so i want to know what i can fit in which is affordable or cost worthy, an fun lol. turbo, non-turbo, renault non-renault all welcome, but preferbly somethin that u know will fit!

thanks guys, ur all awesome

The 172/182 engine is the most cost affective thing you could do, one of the only engines I've seen thats been put in easily.

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
couldnt agree more, jus wondered what else has been done an is fruity enough for a lead foot to get scared ha ha

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
whats "broked!!" about your 1.6 :D

multiple valves have decided to take a new direction in life, mainly the wrong way. aux belt snapped an went behind the crankshaft, then trapped in the cam belt makin it all jump teeth! not a good look