ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine and gearbox painting.

Clio sport 182
While my engine and gearbox are out of my car I'm going to paint them both. What's the best way to go about this. Any dos and donts?

What is the drying period before I can put it back into the car and run it.

Engine block will be going black and gearbox silver/light grey. Not sure about head head!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Whilst mine was out, we cleaned it up first and then treated the rusty bits to a rust remover gel.

Once that was cleaned off and dried, we simply painted it by brush with a high temp paint.

Clio sport 182
Whilst mine was out, we cleaned it up first and then treated the rusty bits to a rust remover gel.

Once that was cleaned off and dried, we simply painted it by brush with a high temp paint.

How long does that gel take to work mate?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
How long does that gel take to work mate?

Not long at all. Can't remember exactly but I think you only leave it on for about 15-30mins before washing it off.

Get a load of cheap wire brushes, some flathead screwdrivers and some soft brushes (like a thin paintbrush or detailing brush) to remove the excess rust and dirt.

Clio sport 182
Not long at all. Can't remember exactly but I think you only leave it on for about 15-30mins before washing it off.

Get a load of cheap wire brushes, some flathead screwdrivers and some soft brushes (like a thin paintbrush or detailing brush) to remove the excess rust and dirt.

I guess you just block up all holes and connectors?

Paint the block and head together or separated?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I guess you just block up all holes and connectors?

Paint the block and head together or separated?

Yeah, take your time masking stuff off

I painted mine with the head on the block.
Only took the inlet manifold, injector guard and some other bits off.
Should be some pics in my project thread.