ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML light on, no LHM and running well

clio
having a bit of a long running issue with my 172, i have the EML light on but no loss of power and not in LHM. It can sometimes splutter and 'hunt for revs' but 99% of the time this is only when cold. I have a code reader but only a memoscan cheap one, this reads the fault but shows it up as a N/A fault rather than a DTC code then clears it and resets the light. Anywhere between 5 and 50miles i get the light back on.

i have been having intermittent problems with the TPS and the car not starting but never has it been enough to put the car into LHM so im not convinced its related. After some research i think it could be my lambda sensor, does this sound right ?

Would a better code reader help diagnose it ? clip etc ? and is anyone nottingham/derby area with it who can give me a hand/read the code ?

2004 182
I have the EML light on too but no running issues at all and my cheapo code reader also says n/a. Getting it scanned tomorrow so if I get a code I'll let you know mate

EML on in mine then it goes back after a little while. Used my cheap code reader and got the same N/A but plugged into my mates more expesive one and its my front lambda sensor so first place to start, hope that helps.

2004 182
Did changing the pre cat sensor resolve this issue. My emissions light is back on this morning after going off about 3wk ago. I also got told lambda bank 1 from a code reader.