ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Light comes on randomly on the motorway

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've had this before about a year ago - emissions light came on halfway down the motorway with 2 other passengers onboard.
Car is driving fine and no funny idle, noises, or smells :S

Is this just another one of our wonderful "Renault gremlins" or is there something to watch out for?

Cheers
Trev

Might be worth seeing if there a fault logged otherwise could be a gremline or some sort of radio interfearance.

Sunflower Ph1 172
This happened to me a few months ago, it's not gone off since. Was RR'd at RST and had no obvious running issues, and has run fine since. Yet to plug it into diagnostics though.

Black 172
Mine used to come on and go off by itself every now and then, there was an O2 sensor fault logged, I changed the pre cat O2 sensor and it hasn't been on since.

First step = scan for fault codes

"Navy" N17 TWO
Stuck the RS Tuner on and no fault came up related to it only "Inconsistency between track 1-2 ETC" and "Electronic Throttle Control limits acquired (not a fault)"

Cleared the light off anyhow, but what the hell are those two ^ lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Cheers Henk.
This is what I got when I plugged in a few months ago.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325845429.751458.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325845429.751458.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 137
  04 Renault Clio Dyna
Hi, The Emissions light just came on my 04 1.2 petrol dynamique. I didnt drive further thinking it could be a serious engine problem and it stayed on all the way (about 3 miles). No loss of power or anything unusual just the amber emissions light? on the bottom left corner of the instruments cluster staying on! I gather that best would be to get it diagnosed at a garage? do u think its still ok to drive about? (I only travel short distances 5miles to and back from work).

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just plugged the RS Tuner back in to see if it fires up a fault relating to the car idling at about 2500 and revs wont drop unless the clutch is at biting point :S

Still have that "Inconsistency between track 1-2 ETC" and "Electronic Throttle Control limits acquired (not a fault)"
As shown in pic :rolleyes:

Haven't got round to cleaning the throttle body yet but in the meantime is there anything else I can plan to get checked out while I'm at it?

"Navy" N17 TWO
"Inconsistency between track 1-2 ETC" and "Electronic Throttle Control limits acquired (not a fault)"

What the hell are those two ^ lol

Still get these on my RS tuner when I plug it in, even no no lights on dash - won't go away :S