ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emission light coming on... car runs fine

clio 182 FF
Hi Guys,

My 182 had the emissions light come on about 8 weeks ago and i took it in to have it plugged into a code reader and it came up as a stored code of a misfire...

The car was running fine though so i got it cleared and had no more issues..... but in the past two weeks its come back on and as before the car is running fine with no noticeable issues (MPG, performance etc).

My question is what is it likely to be? post cat lambda sensor seems likely but could it be coilpacks, leads or plugs? The plugs were replaced fairly recently according to the service history.

Thanks

clio 182 FF
Thanks... I guess thats where i shall start and go from there. Coudl a blow in the manifold to cat join cause the light to cone on?

FF 182
Mine was pre cat lamda sensor, just by the manifold, light came on and fof for weeks and failed on emissions, got it changed, been fine ever since

clio 182 FF
Cool i shall try that, once ive fitted the sensor will the light go out automatically if its worked or will it require a tool to reset the light?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mine does this "sometimes" on a long run (more than 30 mile stretch) on the motorway, can disable it with the RS Tuner though :)

Pre-cat lamda then?
I have the KTR sport cat & recessed exhaust on if it makes any difference

clio 182 FF
Sorry to revive this thread, but it seems a 50/50 split of post/pre cat lambda sensor...... is it a case of buying one sensor and swapping places and seeing which turns the light off?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks... I guess thats where i shall start and go from there. Coudl a blow in the manifold to cat join cause the light to cone on?

Air leaks from either side of the cat could bring up the EML light, mine does so I've bought a new gasket.... And exhaust paste to rectify the problem :eek:

clio 182 FF
Thanks guys, but does anyopone know if the light goes out once the issue is sorted or if ill have to get it cleared using a reader?

clio 182 FF
Hi guys sorry to revive a thread.... i currently have the sensor waiting to go on.

Is it likely to be post or pre cat sensor thats faulty? and is it a case of trying replacing both and seeing which makes the light go out? I have a ktec sport cat if that makes any odds.

182 cup
Mine did that for a few months, eventualy car broke down and had to have a new coil pack and ht leads.

clio 182 FF
Ahh not good, as i said my car runs perfectly and gets good mpg. Still can anyone answer my question regarding the light going out once the fault is fixed? as i don't want to fit the lambda sensor then get the light cleared to find i still have the issue. if that makes sense?