ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Embarassing key fob question alert!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
How the mother chuffer do you open these bloody things? Apart from hacking it to death with a saw which I am quite within my rights to do(!) I cannot for the life of me slide it down!

I'm assuming you push it down and across as the arrow shows but it will not budge at all, tried my spare and thats the same!

I thought replacing a battery would be a doddle! :S

White Sti Hatch
i just battered one edge off the end of the table till it came loose lol ! give it ago !

Megane 2 GT 165
Take any key ring out to start with.

Hold it with the key toward you, button up...try to push the upper part backwards with both thumbs and hold the lower part with you index fingers.

If it does not slide, go to the gym mate :)

Get a chunky key ring(just the ring part), I used a cs bottle opener. Put the ring 90 degrees to the key(while still on the key) Then twist the ring in the direction of the arrow. Effectively pulling the button side up and pushing the side with the arrow, down.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Take any key ring out to start with.

Hold it with the key toward you, button up...try to push the upper part backwards with both thumbs and hold the lower part with you index fingers.

If it does not slide, go to the gym mate :)

Winner!

I can't believe how hard that was! (!)

Golf GTD Mk7
it is a pain in the arse, but keep at it. you need to press down on the reverse and push it in the opposite direction to the button side. You will be able to move it with the key ring on, but you will have to remove the key ring to fully seperate it.

Golf GTD Mk7
its CR3032 for the 182, but its CR2016 for the 172 ph 1. No sure about yours, but it will be one of these. Get them from tesco for about a quid for 2

Audi A3
took me ages to get my key apart but persistance paid off, put a tiny tiny amount of soap around the edges to make it eaiser for next time

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Or place a small screwdriver through the gap for the keyring and lever it gently in the direction of the arrow.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Stick it in the microwave to break the seal - what's the worst that could happen? :p

Oh wait - that's for the xenons!

Skoda Fabia vRS
its CR3032 for the 182, but its CR2016 for the 172 ph 1. No sure about yours, but it will be one of these. Get them from tesco for about a quid for 2

no Renaults use a 2032 battery

its likely to be a small 1220 battery, if not it will probably be 2 x 2016's

172cup
Just got my girlfriends key apart (thanks for the help here guys).
It's an 03 ph2 172 Cup. It has 1off CR1220 battery if that helps anyone.

Have just taken apart my spare key and replaced the battery, the engine will start with that key now, but the remote central locking doesn't work, so i need to sync it or something to make it work? the spare key's battery has been flat since i bought the car, so i don't know if it has ever worked.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I've been wanting to change the batterys on mine but am worried the car won't start after. So have held off doing it lol

Have just taken apart my spare key and replaced the battery, the engine will start with that key now, but the remote central locking doesn't work, so i need to sync it or something to make it work? the spare key's battery has been flat since i bought the car, so i don't know if it has ever worked.

?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
to re-sync it, try holding the central locking button on the key in, while turning on the igniton. It worked for me in the past.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

It's definitely a 1220 in a 182's keyfob .Hold the keyfob in both hands , put your fingers on the red marks , next to the blade , your thumbs on the yellow marks and push the " whole " of the back towards your fingers and it'll slide open . Easy really ;)

CLIOKEYFOB.jpg

Renault Clio
I've just managed to sort mine out.... placed edge of teaspoon in the gap for the keyring and just prised it and it popped off!

Job done