ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elise Refresh

Turbos.
So, i did quite like the track rat look, but with my dad getting his Aston getting some cosmetic attention at a bodyshop, they offered to respray the Elise at a silly price...

Today i was at Brands for a test (only second time i've been in the car!) as i'll be in the Lotus Trophy race this weekend. Was nice to see it unblemished without the obligatory stickers it will have on tomorrow.

In the truck...
P1070876.jpg

P1070870.jpg

It's still a rat underneath!

P1070871.jpg

Getting unloaded...

P1070880.jpg

And on the ground

P1070888.jpg

P1070883.jpg

P1070888.jpg

My dad was out in the Motorsport Elise

P1070878.jpg

P1070887.jpg

Things didn't start off so well, high tyre pressures caused massive oversteer. Easy to sort out though, whereas in the Motorsport car the aux belt snapped and we had more gearbox woes! All got fixed ready for tomorrow though...

P1070891.jpg

I'm not holding out much hope for the weekend, as the car is massively under powered and the setup has never been changed. Should be a laugh though!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I love these updates :) bet both of them are right fun on track

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Mint! I had a high speed passenger lap round silverstone with rob barff in a Lotus 2-eleven, guys got skills! :D

Turbos.
Yeah, Rob is one of the fastest drivers from the UK...know him well.

I bought my Elise for trackdays and sunday drivers, but being an ex-Trophy car, was a shame not to have a go!

It used to be a bit of a joke car, the previous owner being one of the organisers. It has about 120bhp (i.e. standard) but you're allowed 160-180bhp! Generally it's been ragged to s**t.

It used to be a bit of a joke car, the previous owner being one of the organisers. It has about 120bhp (i.e. standard) but you're allowed 160-180bhp! Generally it's been ragged to s**t.

1.8 120 k series? Get some TF 135s and a decent manifold & sports cat. Should see close to 135bhp, and it'll be so much nicer to drive.

Turbos.
My plan is to buy an MG 160 engine as should get one for under £1k easily enough, whereas modifying the current lump could cost £2k easily.

Two 0 Shitx
I've got s**t loads of stuff in the garage, have some Rota's and some gold compomotive speedline things. Give me a shout if you want anything, going on ebay soon.

Turbos.
Well, i did break the manifold... don't suppose you have a hardtop do you?

My races were a bit mixed. First one was boring, two people near me dropped out before the race and a few others had a spin early on, so didn't have anyone to race with! Second race was awesome, had a real mix of defense/attack until i got black flagged for cutting corners! Then the manifold broke so i retired...

Thanks to Nick for another set of awesome photos!

953681409_3sq4L-L.jpg

953673510_kb3eR-L.jpg

953682829_T8KDB-L.jpg

953686269_BTivw-L.jpg

954903158_8nWVU-L.jpg

954891024_8boj8-L.jpg

954886435_95ejb-L.jpg

Car is getting the Nitrons thrown away for some Quantums. Then needs the engine and 'box looking at.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome, love how yours looks fresh as a daisy on top and like something from Winston's back garden underneath.

Oh to live it up like you mate....Maybe someday soon.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Does the motorsport one ever finish a race or practice?

The engineers must get pissed off quickly with that car! :(

Picture of your liger driving the Elise?

Turbos.
That photo is from paddock, so that's the end of an unsuccessful experiment! Round the back of the GP circuit there is a lot of grasscrete which is fine in the dry, so i used it. Need to when i'm 50bhp down on the rest!

To be fair, the Motorsport car was fine last season, its just being temperamental since we've started using it again! It finished both races at the weekend, despite someone in a Marcos crashing into the back of it ;)

Two 0 Shitx
Theres about 4 hardtops in the garage, think we got rid of the Azure one though, there is an azure 111s coming in and he usually takes the hardtops off before he sells, will have a looky.

Turbos.
Do you have any smooth engine covers? i.e. same as ours but without the vents? I thought the Exige one would do, but seems they have glass/plexi in them.

Two 0 Shitx
We don't have any for sale but my dad has a smooth one on his, He wanted to use the perspex one but the vent at the top blocked the intake or something. Think he got it from a bloke called maddog but he moved to Oz and sold all his moulds irc. Do elise parts not have them? Only hardtop colours are millennium blue and black, £500. He might get an azure one in so if you don't fancy the others ill give you a shout when one comes in.

Two 0 Shitx
Ok mate no probs might be a bit of a trek for you to come up here ;) Dad said the ocver was bought from maddog and no-one knows where his moulds are but he is thinking about moulding his, if he does i'll give you a shout. Whats wrong with your motorsport one?

Turbos.
The vents were always for style when originally designed, not performance. The engine bay is a low pressure area, so the vents actually put air IN, rather than draw air out!

The biggest issue is aerodynamics though. It's part of some development where we are making moulds for a new front clam and roof to make it more aerodynamic.

Two 0 Shitx
Ah I see, I was never overly keen on them looks wise anyway. Would probably make more sense for you to make your own then, these don't tend to be a flush fit anyway so won't help with the aero! There's a guy on seloc called junks who might have maddogs moulds or have some vent free ones spare, send him a PM.

top of the pyramid
Lovely car, wanted one ever since i got ago in a exige at lemans, im thinking of getting the newer s2 R in solar yellow as my next car.