ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ebc red stuff: opinions?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is it the Reds or Yellows that have apparently vastly improved??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ah I see..... I thought they'd do them for 172 Cups considering they are faster around a track than any Lambo, Porsche or Ferrari ;)

LHD ph1 172
Ah I see..... I thought they'd do them for 172 Cups considering they are faster around a track than any Lambo, Porsche or Ferrari ;)

LOL

pagid blue is the best i think,but so expensive..i've seen ktr have a good price for them,at the moment the value exchange pound-euro is favorable,perhaps the next set i will re-buy them

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Red take alot of heat to get them working properly. just use green's combined with steel lines and some DOT 5.1 and your sorted

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i found reds to be abit soft, 1 trackday and about 3k road driving and they were dead, thats on 4pot but can't see it being much different... yellow maybe would of been a better choice

PH1 172 Sport
Yellows are the best EBC pad, work well from cold and great when hot.

Have to agree with that they are a very good pad once hot. Do need a few stops in the morning though otherwise they can be a bit suprising!!

FF RB 182
Gaz has yellow stuffs on the ZR, loves them. Not had any cold braking issues others have had, even in the snow we had.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Recently fitted reds all round on my Vee and at first I thought they were pukka, but once the bedding in stuff on the faces wore off I've been finding that they're a bit less immediate.

got Reds on the front of mine; they're not up to much from cold, but are good when hot. still haven't tracked them, so can't comment on fade. they don't squeal, but are surprisingly dusty (in comparison with Greens anyway). wish i'd gone for Yellows, given other's comments about cold performance.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
got reds on the fronts, loads better than standard. not tried anything else on my clio yet. not had to change them etc. (also had s.s lines at same time so this prob made them seem better than they would be on their own etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate swears by them on his evo.

greenstuffs fine for fast road use, mine have no problem scrubbing off speed from 145+ never tried them on track though!

Golf GTD Mk7
They are good on evo/m3s but on a small car for road use probably best avoid. They need a reasonable amount of heat to work.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
i use red stuff, and i concur there pretty awfull when cold and they need alot of abuse to get the to work well after the scrub in face has worn off then they go abit soft but they do work well and cant cope with tempreture quite well.

Titanium 182
Everyone seems to be creaming over ds2500's so I'm coming round and might try some, but are they going to squeal everywhere ?

172 ph1
they've been ok on my car for laps at the 'Ring but I do remember Yellowstuff and Pagid Blues being better.