ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earthing point?

Clio 182
hey guys and girls, i was reluctant to post on the site because, well, my clio isnt sport and i felt as though i didnt belong...

anywho i own a 2002 Renault Clio Authentique mk2 phase 2. ive got a kenwood headunit recnetly purchased and installed along with some JBL Rear speakers and tweeters to fill my pods in the back. i also got myself a Sub and amp and all the wiring i need but ive heard from friends with clio's that theyre a pain in the ass to earth!! i was wondering if anyone here who has a sub/amp already installed might know where i should head for with the earth straight away so that i dont balls everything up in the process and get the job done well.

thanks in advance

jehuty.

Polo + Micra
i used the seat belt clamp holder thing for the centre seatbelt

good for 100+ amps:approve:

and welcome to the site

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I used the bolt that holds down the isofix bar. The big black thing running across the boot.

Doesnt matter that your car isnt a sport, hundreds of people here dont have sports!

Golf GTI 1.8T
The home page said:
ClioSport is a unique car club for all Clio enthusiasts.
ClioSport is a dedicated Clio club. The club is run by Clio enthusiasts for Clio enthusiasts, and is open to anyone.​

as above...

2002 DCi 65
I earthed my amp to the rear lights - in the boot there is a screw that holds your back lights in, well screwd it out put my earth wire on it and then crewed it back in, it's never given me any trouble.

Nash said:
I earthed my amp to the rear lights - in the boot there is a screw that holds your back lights in, well screwd it out put my earth wire on it and then crewed it back in, it's never given me any trouble.

This is excatly how it did it. Never had any problems. Nice and easy too.

Clio 182
thanks for the advice guys will give them a shot when the snows cleared up, dont fancy doing it in the freezing cold!!

and thanks again for the welcome good to be here!! :D

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
i loomed mine areound the spare wheels center spigot thing,
if your doing that your need to buy some solid connection though, wherever it goes make sure it wont be moving....

clio 1.4 rt
i believe that the most secure place is the isofix thingy in boot near seat cos there big phat non moving heavy bolts, good connection and its not guna move or get disturbed the lights bolt and the spare wheel are a bit dodgy in my opinion but if they work for u guys then there good ways to do it aswell