ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dull Thumping / Knocking

Authentique 1.2
Leaving my other halfs place tonight, driving home and there's this dull knocking noise coming from somewhere. Can feel it in the clutch, brake, handbreak and gear lever. It's not the gears because it will do it in neutral while coasting, only when the cars moving.

Had this before, and it was a flat. Got out and check it all over, tyres are fine.
Now im thinking 'shiit, money time' so I drive home doing 30 down a 50 on the a127 / a12 because whatever it is I dont want nothing to sieze or get more damaged by driving fast.

I know the roll bar bushing need replacing, it's going in next weekend. Could this be them? It's gay because I have work tomo, gotta drive to Barking and need my car to get there!

Any advice / help would be great, as im baflled tbh.

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
my anti-roll bar link/bushes snapped on my clio, but it only became noisey when cornering? prob best bet to get the car checked over when u take it to get the bushes done, an if u dont need to drive it between times, walk instead!

Authentique 1.2
lol it's easy to say, but I have to drive everyday for work.

I hope this is only the bushings and nothing else, nightmare cars are!