ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drum brake issues

Not clio related but someone might be able to help. I have two problems with te brakes on my kit:

1) when the drums are properly fitted not just places on, try seize and won't spin, loosen off the wheel bolts and they move freely.

2) have bled all the brakes first using eazibleed and then manually with anassistant but the pedal still spongy and will hit the stop.

All advice appreciated.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ok, well it depends where the studs go into. If they go through the drum into a hub behind then tightening the nuts up is pushing the drum on and hitting/tightening up against something. If the studs go into the drum itself, then the drum may be distorted. I'm going to assume it's the first setup though. Any lips/wear inside the drum? backplate straight.shoes the correct width? Basically what has changed since it came apart

Its sierra drums so studs are attached to the hubs and drum sits over them. I think you are right that they are catching on something but I cant tell what.

Unfortunately I dont know if anything changed since they were taken off the donor as they are as they were when I picked up the kit (I bought it part built). The back plate, shoes, cylinder etc were all fitted when I collected and just needed the drums putting on. All seems to be in good condition as far as I can tell. Will get some pictures later.

Any thoughts on why I still have a soft pedal as well?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Tighten the nuts up partially so that the wheel still turns but enough to make it rub, then find the contact points.

no idea on the soft pedal