ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drives horrible.

GSXR + KDX220
Fair enough, probably worth it in the long run :) I changed my TR's and TRE's not so long ago, but mine still doesnt feel "right". Are the wishbones £80 for the pair?

Black Gold Trophy
I think the steering rack bushes are often overlooked, I replaced mine recently on my '04 182 and the originals were very worn.

I would make a point of saying they are a bit tricky to change even with the aid of a 2 post ramp.

On a side note, don't bother with non genuine tie rods/track rods/inner rack joints, they are too short for 1*2s

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Fair enough, probably worth it in the long run :) I changed my TR's and TRE's not so long ago, but mine still doesnt feel "right". Are the wishbones £80 for the pair?

Yep 80-84 quid for the pair, it maybe closer to 84 is you have posted as well.

I think when everything is changed it all goes hand in hand as everything is new, I hear power flex arb bushes help but my oem ones where shagged and there has been a 1000% improvement as I did it all at the same time.

But Birchdown recommended doing them I fully trust them in there information (as they both have/had RS Clios themselves they treat ever car they take in as there own plus they know there stuff inside out and backwards! :)

GSXR + KDX220
I had a look at my rack bushes yesterday and put the steering lock on and tried turning the wheels by hand under the car and no movement could be seen, and they dont look perished. May change them anyway just to eliminate them :)

The track rods I got were EXACTLY the same size as the originals that came off and seemed good quality with absolutely no play once fitted.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I think the steering rack bushes are often overlooked, I replaced mine recently on my '04 182 and the originals were very worn.

I would make a point of saying they are a bit tricky to change even with the aid of a 2 post ramp.

On a side note, don't bother with non genuine tie rods/track rods/inner rack joints, they are too short for 1*2s

I got told mine wasn't a problem, but I know chip had loads of movement in his rack bush so I think it's down to what you find under there, they are only 20 quid from Renault anyway so might be worth just doing it whilst your under there so you know when it's done.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The cheaper aftermarket track rods people would prob find a fault with but good quality (RS Clio garage approved and used) ones will be the same if not better quality than the OEM.

GSXR + KDX220
Yep 80-84 quid for the pair, it maybe closer to 84 is you have posted as well.

I think when everything is changed it all goes hand in hand as everything is new, I hear power flex arb bushes help but my oem ones where shagged and there has been a 1000% improvement as I did it all at the same time.

But Birchdown recommended doing them I fully trust them in there information (as they both have/had RS Clios themselves they treat ever car they take in as there own plus they know there stuff inside out and backwards! :)

Ah, not too bad then, might order a pair then :)

Definately worh changing it all together if you can afford to, to elimate any worn out parts that may still cause problems. I know my ARB bushes (at least the outer ones anyway) are a bit deformed and sloppy looking.

Not sure whether to go with Poly wishbone bushes or just new standard ones, similar cost really!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep and you get new ball joints with your wishbones which is always a good thing to change!

Ye same price but you get CS discount at Demon Tweeks so they are a little cheaper than OEM ones I think.

But I didn't even bother thinking about OEM Renault rubber when I knew there was an upgrade for that part in the same price region, I know people just to change the outer to powerflex and keep the old D bushes and they have said that it feels nicer.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Poly wishbone bushes I think is something you need to look into, I didn't bother as I have seen problems and plus a fully bushes up front end with minimal give might cause trouble on British roads (deffo on my roads anyway! Look ducking bomb struck :S)

"Navy" N17 TWO
All in all, I have ordered the rest of what I need to tighten/freshen up the front end today

This is what I'll be fitting when the rest arrives
Inner offside track rod (nearside done last year, so hoping it's ok)
Both TRE's
New wishbones & powerflex bushes
Powerflex ARB bushes
New steering rack bushes

Fit the rear ARB!

GSXR + KDX220
Plus they will decent ball joints like you say, Ive had problems with cheap ones pretty quickly after them being fitted.

Maybe OEM is the way to go with them, although I do track the car I like some give on the road, especially some of the ones I go on regularly!!

Powerflex ARB's though I think :) Probably just the outers

"Navy" N17 TWO
Well it should put some life into how the car feels, turns & drives :)

After that's sorted, onto tidy up the bay and try to fix the common oil weeping

GSXR + KDX220
Just phoned the parts dept at local Renault with the number for cup wishbones and got a price of £60.83 plus vat each! does this mean cup ones are a lot more or have you got some major discount? lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I rang up west Renault and got CS discount m8

I also ordered 182FF stuff but I doubt there's that much price difference!

GSXR + KDX220
Wasnt sure if we get discount so didnt mention it, how much is it? Might be worth getting them through West's then.

I'll phone my local one again about normal 172 ones to check price :)