ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't Believe it!!! But my first car is still being used!!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
As a laugh and out of interest i did a myregcheck.com on my old R reg 1.2 Renault Clio Biarritz and to my surprise someone is still driving it and its only just been taxed again. And to be honest out of sentimental value i would consider buying it if a saw it again lol.

So many driving memories in that car! I stuck s**t neon lights on it and a sub when i was 17. So many stories i even fell asleep in the boot once pissed up. It also used to have a leak round the aerial so if it rained the water would get in and collect round the Interior light so whenever i went round a roundabout it would pour into my lap. I crashed it three times all going under 30mph as well lol :D
I think as a learner kids should be given a shed so later on they can appreciate the cars they have now.
gone are the days of the morning cold start routines lol

So what stories have people got about your first cars?

Clio 1970000000
I used to own a 1995 Rover 220 turbo coupe that I bought in 1999 and sold in 2004. Saw it on the road a few months ago and just by chance drove past where it lives. It still has the SS exhaust I put on it :D.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
My first car was a G reg Rover 1.1c Metro which, looking back now, was a horrendous little thing. Still, it didn't stop me going out and 'upgrading' 9 months later to a red Metro 1.4 GTi 16v. When I first drove it I felt like I'd bought a Ferrari and thought I was some sort of driving hero (then I crashed it).

Golf 7R
I'd love to know if my 172 Cup is still alive. Somedays I wish I'd never got rid, but needs must.

EF52 PZO

1eight2
My first car was a Rover 200, wasn't a bad car tbh! Head gasket went obviously and wouldn't own another but great for a first car.

Just done a search on askmid.com and apparently its still around!

and cabinfever - "EF52PZO IS showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today."

R plate isn't that old tbh.

I'd be surprised if my Renault 5 GT Turbo hasn't been wrecked by some chav by now. Pity as it was mint when I owned it.

Golf 7R
My first car was a Rover 200, wasn't a bad car tbh! Head gasket went obviously and wouldn't own another but great for a first car.

Just done a search on askmid.com and apparently its still around!

and cabinfever - "EF52PZO IS showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today."

Wow, really?

Cheers.

clio 172 cup
I'd love to know if my 172 Cup is still alive. Somedays I wish I'd never got rid, but needs must.

EF52 PZO

just to say the car is till on the road and i have just £600 on it if you have if you have yahoo mail give me your email address and i will send you some pictures of it

Clio
Mine was a ax I bought off a drunk bloke for 60 quid then sold it back to him with full mot for 300 lol

clio 172 cup
also its just done 93000 miles but about 10000 the engine had a hole rebuild everything has been replaced

mines probs in a cube somewhere after i put it on its side and scrapped it.. was a 1.2 clio handled amazingly well aswel tbh

Looking for 182
I crashed my first car into a hedge, into a conrete sign, into a massive grass bank, span it in the snow, f**ked an ex over the bonnet in a car lift (yes, a car lift), f**ked my ex in the back seats, f**ked my ex in the passenger seat, fingered some other girl in the front seats, got sucked off whilst driving it to Bluewater, jacked off in it when I was alone somewhere and bored, slept in it numerous times, drove it thousands and thousands of miles over a period of nearly 8 years. I drove it from 17 until 24, haha! Good times.

Here it is before it was taken away to be cubed!

corsa1k.jpg

corsa2o.jpg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I crashed my first car into a hedge, into a conrete sign, into a massive grass bank, span it in the snow, f**ked an ex over the bonnet in a car lift (yes, a car lift), f**ked my ex in the back seats, f**ked my ex in the passenger seat, fingered some other girl in the front seats, got sucked off whilst driving it to Bluewater, jacked off in it when I was alone somewhere and bored, slept in it numerous times, drove it thousands and thousands of miles over a period of nearly 8 years. I drove it from 17 until 24, haha! Good times.

Here it is before it was taken away to be cubed!

corsa1k.jpg

corsa2o.jpg

You're cool

E46 320D Tourer!
My first car was a red mk2 1100cc fiesta on an A plate. Had it two weeks before making it banana shaped after I spun it and wrapped. Round a tree! Trying to show off to a bird with massive norks, can't blame a guy for trying!

Miss my old cup though. Bought from new in Dunstable Renault. KR03 ODV if anyone knows where it lives?!

Looking for 182
You're cool

Unfortunately, in my late teens and early 20s, I was far from cool. I guess as we all get older we all look back at our younger selves and think "What a dick". I imagine I'll look back at 26 year old me in about 5 years and think, what a dick!

Clio 172
A reg Polo still on the road. Was a 'bread van' and served me well. The guy I sold it to works at Rolls Royce in Coventry and still owns it according to HPI.

clio 182 black /gold
My 1st car a rough shed. No doubt it is not on this road lol.
It was a 1979 "T" reg mini.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, both of my previous Mk1 Puntos appear to be still on their database.

Pretty good going that one will be 15 and the other 14 years old...... and Italian metal. ;)

D.

Evo 5 RS
My first car was Rover Metro Knightsbridge (that my mate had before me). Thats now being used by a woman in Birmingham

Impreza Wagon
My first car (Peugeot 106) now has a motorbike engine in the back, I'd love to buy it back one day!

Megane Diesel / 172
My first car was a G reg Rover 1.1c Metro which, looking back now, was a horrendous little thing. Still, it didn't stop me going out and 'upgrading' 9 months later to a red Metro 1.4 GTi 16v. When I first drove it I felt like I'd bought a Ferrari and thought I was some sort of driving hero (then I crashed it).

I had one those Metro GTi's back in the day, great fun!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive just done the same check on my first car,clio grande 1.2,and it hasnt been taxed since i did it in september 2009.The weird thing is it hasnt been crushed,written off,plate transfer,stolen,destroyed or a vin check.I hope she`s alright and not rusting in some corner....:cry:

Clio RS 197

EF52 PZO

....bought this a couple of months ago as a track toy! Still standard at the moment but needs a fair bit of work to get up to scratch. Already been down to the boys at K-Tec who were very helpful, little bit of work to do yet though before the strip out begins!!

Clio RS 197
Really? How come? Was mainly servicing and repairs, cambelt, de phaser pulley and water pumps changes, engine mounts and that kind of stuff...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No worries. They've been known to make some very optimistic power claims too - 'Your new cams are fitted sir, we rollered it at 200bhp' and when you go and stick it on a different dyno it's only 180-190.

SQ5
Really? How come? Was mainly servicing and repairs, cambelt, de phaser pulley and water pumps changes, engine mounts and that kind of stuff...

Might be worth getting the timing checked elsewhere too, they're also not the greatest at changing cambelts!

Was it a forged water pump?