ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone want to buy cars these days lol

I have my Clio up for sale just now. So far had 4 people wanting to swap their car for mines.

Does anyone just want to buy a car these days lol.

Have been offered a swap for a 53 plate fully loaded VW Passat estate which I am considering as this would be large enough for two kids.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Had my very clean ph1 172 up for about 3 weeks now and only had a couple of dreamers. Wierd as i've seen worse examples sell for more! Had p/x offers that arn't listed in the advert (i've stated exactly what I want and nothing else aside from cash) which really annoys me.

2003 clio 172
people want stuff for next to nothing these days.... took a while to sell my mk2 golf gti recently which was near mint condition and cheap but only seemed to attract the timewasters and those who want to offer idiotic money
stick another grand on your price and see what happens!!!!

megane gt dci 150
might just be my look, but someone is coming to look at mine this weekend, only been on pistonheads for 2 days lol.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've been offered all sorts for mine in the last couple of days, all of which have been pretty dull and I'm guessing would be hard to sell on.

I'm trying to get at least £4k for mines. Ideally I want to sell, but if I don't get the cash I would like then I'll just have to hold onto it. It's my second car which I hardly ever use, hence the fact I'm looking to move on.

Plan is to sell the Clio, sell my Focus, and get a newer/larger car with the combined funds

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
People are offering me silly p/x's. The only cars worth getting in p/x's are the small stuff like 1.2 Puntos and Corsa etc.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
I sold a couple of Pre £500 cars, Went straight away, like within hours, People just arnt spendin cash on cars atm

I'm always a bit suspect of people who want swaps. Granted a number may be genuine and just don't want the hassle of buying and selling, however I also wonder if its due to the fact that they can't shift their cars for one reason or another so just want to pass their problems to someone else.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I have had some stupid p/x's - one bloke wanted to swap a gold 325i with the number plate M3 FK U - errrrrrrrrrrrr let me think

172, BMW 120 Msport.
In the past 2 years i swapped 3 times in a row, Never found any major problem, i would happily swap now, but only as i get bored of keeping the same car.

not a bloody clio!!!
I have had some stupid p/x's - one bloke wanted to swap a gold 325i with the number plate M3 FK U - errrrrrrrrrrrr let me think

Ha ha he asked me to do a deal with that to!!:lolup:

He told me it was a LTD eddition because of the colour :lolup: Sounded a penis tbh

Sold my car on hear its getting picked up tomoro hopfully

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I'm always a bit suspect of people who want swaps. Granted a number may be genuine and just don't want the hassle of buying and selling, however I also wonder if its due to the fact that they can't shift their cars for one reason or another so just want to pass their problems to someone else.

Im i the same boat as you,im in the middle of trying to sell my Cupra and been offered some weird things, im always wary of doing a swap. I know my car runs great and nowt wrong with it. Its on ebay now ends the weekend its got 20 watchers now and had people offer cash without seeing my car..................

CLIO PH1 172
i got an email today saying the French Car Show are having a section to put cars that are for sale it might be worth putting your cars in there as it will be the perfect market to sell to ...

i got an email today saying the French Car Show are having a section to put cars that are for sale it might be worth putting your cars in there as it will be the perfect market to sell to ...

I'm not going to FCS so that's out. Good suggestion though

not a bloody clio!!!
Im i the same boat as you,im in the middle of trying to sell my Cupra and been offered some weird things, im always wary of doing a swap. I know my car runs great and nowt wrong with it. Its on ebay now ends the weekend its got 20 watchers now and had people offer cash without seeing my car..................

check your pm mate :)