ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dodgy 182 electronics

was drivign my car the other day, started up for first time in the morning, got to the end of the road and hit my brakes.. a little bit sharply but nothing extreme..

got about 100metres down the road, looked down at the dash and the skiddy car light was on, the ABS warning light, and the SERV light..

so pulled over, switched iignition off, started car up again, lights gone and nothing come on since??

was it just a glitch in the ECU ??

BMW M3

Mine did that very same thing but lasted a couple of months. Was just about to take it to the garage, when it stopped happening and that was about 9 months ago!!!

So yeah... prob just electrical glitch that sorted its self out.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

This is a fairly common 182 problem I believe. I had it on my 172, and it was down to a faulty switch on the brake pedal. This causes the ABS system to register a fault, which is cleared when the ignition is switched off.

Also check to see how much movement you have to apply to the pedal before the brake lights come on. Mine had to be pressed quite far which meant that I could stop the car using gentle braking without the brake lights even coming on :S