ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I have issue's?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Everytime the trophy gets slightly dirty I have to whip out the mitt and bucket and make it clean again, theres something about an immaculate trophy that I love....

Is anyone else the same as me or am I verging on the side of OCD???

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I won't drive the clio unless it's clean...But couldn't give a monkeys if my work horse is filthy...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What you need to do is get in it, drive it, and not think about the dirt up the side of it.

Your aware although its a nice car, its a french hatch?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yes yes I know, it gets used daily but I hate seeing it dirty, I'm talking cleaned 4-5 times a week, I think its because red is so rewarding when its clean, not so rewarding when its dirty though.

Btw the trophy does get driven, unfortunately not how it was meant to be but I've never been so into cleaning my car as much as since the trophy arrived :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't even use the washer jets on my car.

Which, if you have a decent level of protection on, should be all that's needed. Self cleaning with rain FTW.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
4-5 Times a week :O. You are close to the edge.
I thought I was bad with the occasional twice a week, love the shine and lush reflection. Now with winter approaching plus the work commute, lucky to see twice a month! Washed it after 3 weeks yesterday.

It's due for its winter protection now.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You'd pass out if you saw Sir_Dave's in its current state ;)

Yours does look mint though Chris.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've just cleaned mine to death today - I'm actually thinking about going to work tonight in the missus' car just to keep it clean one more day :)

ITB BG 182
I used to wash my car at a minimal of 5 times a week, then i had to start paying for the jet wash as they took the token system away and i found a box with 1000 tokens in, happy days.

Now, I wash the car maybe once a month some times even less and over winter i will be leaving it for 2 months at a time as there is no point because it will be dirty with in a few hours of cleaning.

Clio RS
there is a difference between driven and detailed, so I've read on the forum

but I think mine is both

last weekend, it was brown. we did a meeting with a drive at some b roads...
kept it like that for a week but this weekend cleaned it again

not the whole package but it's clean again so I'm happy

I don't mind that it's dirty, its used everyday but I love to clean it 2

so you're not the only one!
mine isn't a trophy though

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Virging...
I used to be similar But I've come to accept that ROADS ARE DIRTY. If I want to drive on them, its to be expected.

And I know what you mean about clean trophys. Not looking forward to winter.. White salt + red trophy = pink trophy :dapprove:

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I took mine to hartside, gave it its first propper test since I've bought it, it was clean when it went up there, dirty when it came back, then cleaned the next day....

Also I hate it when the car is dirty and you can see where people have gotten in and out of it, so that's another excuse to clean....

So it was cleaned on saturday, archs detailed etc, did approx 1 mile in the rain on sunday, took it to work and back today, got laid off and decided the best way to cheer myself up is to get the trophy clean, it was already clean but not as clean as I wanted it

So a quick rinse down (some birds decided to s**t on it, great day for me!) it was washed with the 1 bucket method ..lol... then I put another coat of zymol Creme on, needless to say it looks amazing, think I will do an engine bay detail during the week now It appears I will have more time on my hands :D

Fiesta ST-3
Everytime the trophy gets slightly dirty I have to whip out the mitt and bucket and make it clean again, theres something about an immaculate trophy that I love....

Is anyone else the same as me or am I verging on the side of OCD???

Im getting this BUT winter/autumn is slowly beating me down. Endless roads full of s**t.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I took mine to hartside, gave it its first propper test since I've bought it, it was clean when it went up there, dirty when it came back, then cleaned the next day....

Also I hate it when the car is dirty and you can see where people have gotten in and out of it, so that's another excuse to clean....

So it was cleaned on saturday, archs detailed etc, did approx 1 mile in the rain on sunday, took it to work and back today, got laid off and decided the best way to cheer myself up is to get the trophy clean, it was already clean but not as clean as I wanted it

So a quick rinse down (some birds decided to s**t on it, great day for me!) it was washed with the 1 bucket method ..lol... then I put another coat of zymol Creme on, needless to say it looks amazing, think I will do an engine bay detail during the week now It appears I will have more time on my hands :D
Zymol Creme? As in HD cleanse?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My apologies I use Glasur myself.

Can't recommend washing with 1 bucket though, ever.

172 money pit
Totally normal :)

Right, and what's the number plate on your vee Magpie? :clap:

I thought I was bad but 4 or 5 times a week is more than I can be bothered with on a daily driver.

If I was washing that often, I'd be snowfoam-ing. Faster than 2BM and touchless too.

Snow foaming isn't washing. It's pre-washing and will never be a substitute for contact washing.

Bare in mind, the more you wash your car, the more likely you are to incurr marring.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
My apologies I use Glasur myself.

Can't recommend washing with 1 bucket though, ever.
A friend has been experimenting between titanium and glasur, I'm sure the glasur isnt as durable as the titanium, or so it seems.

The creme was still beading/sheeting nicely 3 weeks after it was done, however you could tell it had lost some of its durability

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just think Glasur is the most affordable and best performing boutique wax. I can't see by it.

To be fair I don't use it on every car I detail that's just a waste.

172 money pit
Bare in mind, the more you wash your car, the more likely you are to incurr marring.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, and the reason I'd be snowfoam-ing if I was ocd enough to be out in the cold 5 day's a week.

172 money pit
Snow foaming isn't washing. It's pre-washing and will never be a substitute for contact washing..

Agreed, but I'd be surprised if snowfoam and a pressure wash wasn't up to the task of removing 24hours worth. How dirty can it get between washes if you're doing it 5 days a week?

Cripes! 4-5 times a week? Mines once a month at most in this weather. Too busy trying to enjoy driving it!

One of the reasons i sold the 5 was because i was obsessed with keeping it in near mint condition... Took too much time!