ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do Clilos perform worse with low fuel?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Let's say, there's one 'bar' left. About 15l left, does the car use fuel more efficiently to save the remainder of the fuel or does it continue to use fuel as normal? Only reason I ask is, when there's around 1 bar left, the car runs like crap and doesn't pull as good as usual.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I do worry more and more every thread you post.

Of course it runs as normal, it will be more efficient as there's less weight...

What is it you smoke?

Don't you worry yourself :) I was looking for more of a technical answer, as in.. does the car change the map when there's only x amount of Litres left, in a bid to save fuel.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
In short no it doesn't change anything, in fact they only thing that can happen when it gets extremely low is the engine can get very hot, had the Cat Glowing on my old car when I ran it out lol

In fact the less the better due to less weight, full tank weighs like an extra person.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maybe the return isnt going into the swirl pot properly for some reason and its actually gulping air into the line and running lean, if so then I wouldnt keep using it hard when its doing that, you could melt the engine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think thats the next step tbh mate.. just not even sure where they're located!

You cant clean incectors out yourself, it has to be done on an ultrasonic machine.

And if your car is going back to performing normally as soon as you put more fuel in it, it implies its a fuel supply issue not a clogged injector.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I often run my car low on fuel, so it's probably my own fault. Runs like a bit rough just before petrol light, and when the lights on.. it runs even rougher. Then when I've topped up, runs fine again!

You cant clean incectors out yourself, it has to be done on an ultrasonic machine.

And if your car is going back to performing normally as soon as you put more fuel in it, it implies its a fuel supply issue not a clogged injector.

Sorry, chip is correct only half read it

Have you changed fuel pump at any point mate?

L-Y Clio 197 F1
defo, my 197 puts out about 300bhp on a full tank, dwindles down to about 50bhp by time the light is on :< take off like the DeLorean out of tesco's petrol station when i fill up