ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

GSXR + KDX220
Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

I stand corrected, it is the button on the clocks (I just tried it lol) What a palava ;)

C3 Picasso Beast

And you call your selves "car enthusiasts"...

I shall remember this day when I knew something the gurus didn't!

GSXR + KDX220

Haha my excuse is that I just check the dipstick regularly :approve:

C3 Picasso Beast

I'm going to attempt finishing fitting my new tdc sensor this weekend so wish me luck with that!!

Dipstick, what's that then??

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

You still want coilovers Dan?

I'm going for my original plan of Cup setup and cooksport springs.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Im pretty sure i had the 1144 on my ph1 to start with and they were pretty good!
Car update, drove to cambridge to sell some wheels and on the way back the engine management lights on (the one above the gear stick looking light) any ideas to why/what?
I flicked the car on and off and it stayed on, ill whip the battery off tomorrow and see if it goes. Is there some kind of pedal trick you can do to read codes on clios?

ahhhh ffs dashboard warning lights, perhaps it was me, i am a bad omen, the DCi seems to be going through various warning lights... trying to investigate them is fun isn't it....
hope you get it sorted mate,

ahhhh ffs dashboard warning lights, perhaps it was me, i am a bad omen, the DCi seems to be going through various warning lights... trying to investigate them is fun isn't it....

lemme know when your next down here mate and I can put it on CLiP for you.

Just french car karma i guess! Nice to meet you btw :)

Anyway did the usual remove the battery didnt do a thing, the oil level is fine also. Had a little chat with Dan from 519 and then ran it to the garage i use who as usual were awesome and didnt leave work and waited for me to turn up.

The results, well there were no codes? So he tried another fault reader and that said the aircon had no gas. Which is no worry as the car has no aircon lol. Anyway codes cleared and the light stayed off for the drive home. So now its just a waiting game to see if it re appears.

Tomorrow im doing something i try to avoid, going to renault parts to pick up some new head light washers to stop the screen wash emptying.

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Renault in Bury?

What time as I'll get you discount ;)

Got to go order my Cup suspension.

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Not until midday, I doubt I'd of got much off as cant imagine they're too expensive are they?

Picked up two new headlight washers from renault, fitted in under 10minutes and work lovely! Has to be said the ph2 bumper is so quick to put on and off, its currently not held on my any bolts, unsure how secure it is like that but it suits me as its so easy to pull off lol

2013-01-05_12-32-28_405.jpg

Anyway as fast as i topped the washer bottle up it was still emptying, water coming through the passenger side arch. so off comes the wipers and washer bottle to investigate.
2013-01-05_15-30-51_555.jpg

Whilst i was there i also removed the induction kit and sold that in about 10minutes.
Why? because it simply doesnt need to be used, going to run an silcone elbow, then a bit of pipe to the filter which will go behind the upper grill/above the radiator as the car has a small rad fitted from its previous life the filter will sit in nicely. Ill then add some heat shields/stainless sheet to stop heat soak.
2013-01-05_15-31-00_843.jpg

Also at the same time as doing this ive done two coats of primer on the front two wheels ready for the dirty bronze colour tomorrow. The rear two wheels will get done at some point, ill probably wait until I pick up some rear discs and fit the 10mm hub spacers at the same time to make my life easy.

25mm front spacers also bought and on the way monday :)

Coming along nicely atm!

Arctic 182, GTD

Ah! I was then looking for a quick guide to to remove the bumpers on these and you have done it so u can help me ;) I'll supply beer.lol and still need to come see your car!

Well the car only had two bolts holding the bumper on, presuming it normally has more and mine doesnt have wheel liners so it came off pretty quick ha.

Why did you want to take yours off Kiel? Ill whip it off for you :) it should be me giving you beer for the amount of discount stuff youve done!

Arctic 182, GTD

Haha. Erm I need to take my n/s headlight out and split it and reseal as its getting all steamy. And I wanna compound the bumper etc and easier to do off the car :) was gonna start it today but ceebz and no outside tap haha

Arctic 182, GTD

Scratch that you sold your ktec inductor kit without telling me! Horsehsit!

Arctic 182, GTD

I swear you do it to me all the time, sell things and never ask... :p well I have a hose and pressure washer but no tap, I feel a deal coming on? Well I thought that but hard to either sit down and do it or bend over and get all over etc.

I swear you do it to me all the time, sell things and never ask... :p well I have a hose and pressure washer but no tap, I feel a deal coming on? Well I thought that but hard to either sit down and do it or bend over and get all over etc.

I know! Next time if i think youll want it I will offer it to you first, promise! More than welcome to use the tap/ drive way :) my cars on axle stands at current looking sorry for its self.

Washer bottle sourced, DJW boys save the day again!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

No worries Dan, better that someone gets the use out of it, I was half tempted to fit it and not have to fill up the screenwash as often, they're huge!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Im sorry :( make one, so.much cheaper and slightly quiter than the ktec one, much prefer the noise of my home made one!

you're a massive gay. Where did you leave your testicles?

WTF on the washer bottle?? it was fine when I filled it up 2 days before you came over.

No worries Dan, better that someone gets the use out of it, I was half tempted to fit it and not have to fill up the screenwash as often, they're huge!

Haha, total pain to get too!

you're a massive gay. Where did you leave your testicles?

WTF on the washer bottle?? it was fine when I filled it up 2 days before you came over.

I knew that would upset you. And yeh i know, once i fixed the head light washers and linked it back up it was just constantly running out from under one of the pumps, sods law i guess! French cars and all that.

How rude!!!

Majority ;) you can be part of the exception ha

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Looks like two different colours. It looks good in the first picture but looks to copper coloured in the second.

Ill reserve judgment until all have been done!

GSXR + KDX220

I think the top pic looks alright actually, it'd prob look better washed with some tyre shine and not jacked up lol :)