ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

Good to know about those pads, I don't really like the feel of the DS2500 but they do the job well enough for me to stick with them just now if the alternatives are worse!

They arent an alternative, i loved the feel of my old pads! they ended up in scotland i do believe lol

When its dry ill take it round one of the back roads near me and try get some heat into them and see how much abuse they will take.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Good to know about those pads, I don't really like the feel of the DS2500 but they do the job well enough for me to stick with them just now if the alternatives are worse!

Mintex M1155 are all I would use now. The Brembos were certainly better than standard, just not by enough

225 Cup & Williams
dmallett's 421'd monaco

I quite like the Brembo sport pads tbh. From cold as mentioned they aren't too great but once they are warmed up I really liked them especially going round knockhill.

Are 1155's harsher than 1144's?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Are the M1155 a similar price? Im sort of in 2 minds just now, got some pretty new DS2500 so will use them up but thinking about using normal motorfactor pads for road use and then keeping a set of track pads for when its wearing wheels I dont care about and being abused on track!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Are the M1155 a similar price? Im sort of in 2 minds just now, got some pretty new DS2500 so will use them up but thinking about using normal motorfactor pads for road use and then keeping a set of track pads for when its wearing wheels I dont care about and being abused on track!

£108 for the M1155s

Careful swapping just pads, the disks will have pad material in the surface and mixing compounds makes braking far worse. If you want to swap, have disks to swap too.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I quite like the Brembo sport pads tbh. From cold as mentioned they aren't too great but once they are warmed up I really liked them especially going round knockhill.

Are 1155's harsher than 1144's?

yes 1144s are "fast road", 1155s are designed for sprint track use.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Aye sorry shouldve added that Id keep HCs for the track and just run whatever on the road. Used standard motorfactor spec Mintex stuff for years without issue

Im pretty sure i had the 1144 on my ph1 to start with and they were pretty good!

Car update, drove to cambridge to sell some wheels and on the way back the engine management lights on (the one above the gear stick looking light) any ideas to why/what?
I flicked the car on and off and it stayed on, ill whip the battery off tomorrow and see if it goes. Is there some kind of pedal trick you can do to read codes on clios?

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Hold the button for the trip computer while you flick ignition on to the second stage.

Clocks go into test mode. Hit the button a couple times again and you'll hopefully see four lines. You may see 3 lines and a letter, this shows if you have an ignition fault

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Check oil level then by looks of things. I've seen like one problem bring two letters on before too.

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

I don't think that did when I removed mine, but being a ph2 they are a bit more sensitive than the trusty Ph1's :)

I don't think that did when I removed mine, but being a ph2 they are a bit more sensitive than the trusty Ph1's :)

Mine did when i removed it on the ph1,

The bit is still plugged into the carbon canistor, ill whip the battery off tomorrow and see if clears :) hopefully simple fix

Check oil level then by looks of things. I've seen like one problem bring two letters on before too.

I missed this earlier. Ill disconnect the battery for abit and check the oil level then, this clio doesnt show oil level as my ph1 did on start up :(

Mr 519 what oils in the car atm?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I missed this earlier. Ill disconnect the battery for abit and check the oil level then, this clio doesnt show oil level as my ph1 did on start up :(

Mr 519 what oils in the car atm?

Valvoline 5w40

it should show oil level, but I've never believed the dash level sensor anyway. Dipstick tells the truth

C3 Picasso Beast

Press the trip button, I actually know what I'm talking about on this one ;)

You lot aren't use to the PH2...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

be fine to mix if the level has dropped a bit. You'll probably need to do a change in the not too distant future anyway. what's in there had done 4k roughly

Ive also tried that, when i was doing the fault check thing it did display what should be the oil level.

And Dan I was planning on doing it as soon as i get a new bowl for the sink so i can use the old one for an oil pan, and yes im being serious ha

C3 Picasso Beast

Either from what I remember...

By trip button I mean the one on the clocks if that's not what it is??

GSXR + KDX220

Press the trip button, I actually know what I'm talking about on this one ;)

You lot aren't use to the PH2...

This! Its true, it works ;)

Im sure if you start it and when it says "oil ok" press the button on the stalk

C3 Picasso Beast

Not the stalk as that will then switch to the MPG and that doesn't it???

GSXR + KDX220

Dont make me run out and check lol! I think if its pressed when it says "oil ok" it shows the level and not go to the MPG etc

Phils right, press the reset computer button on the clocks. Why the hell did they change it from the ph1? so now i have to put my hand through the steering wheel to see it, actually retarded!

Anyway my cars showing full oil level on the dial and i cleared the code but its still reading an error but not showing a code on the dials anymore.

Ill investigate tomorrow!