ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's titanium ph1

Yeh full ph2 dash is going in as per usual!

Im un decided on the catches too, I wont rush into it.

It is too black, wheels will be going silver. I fitted a silver badge earlier and it looked wrong. Fogs are back in too :)

Ph2 dash is a good shout can imagine the blue ph1 interior doesn't go with the black?

It will look really good on silver wheels mate good call, silver badges might not look so wrong then?

Why not start a new thread & put a couple of pics of your previous clios at the start?

20mm spacers you say? ;)

Also I'm with Craig: No to aero catches.

Inspired by you, Im following the 20mm movement! Ive had 25mm spacers on every clio so far, Ive also had 25mm spacers on the 350. That 5mm difference might make me keep a car.

Ill stick with this thread and do a proper write up soon of the new car! If you could change it that would be good, unsure what to change it to!

Ph2 dash is a good shout can imagine the blue ph1 interior doesn't go with the black?

It will look really good on silver wheels mate good call, silver badges might not look so wrong then?

Why not start a new thread & put a couple of pics of your previous clios at the start?

The dash is hideous, the dash conversion isnt a job I enjoy at all but it makes such a difference.

I agree one the wheels are silver it will balance out silver badges. The rear badges are painted black, im scared to fit new ones though encase it damages the boot. Might just get a ph2 boot some time.

Ill just keep this one for the time being :)

Many.

I thought you were a proper man, Not one of these 20mm homos :p

I'll offer my hand to do the dash too, Its not something I've done, but interested to learn.

I personally like the full, black on black on black lol.

Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

I thought you were a proper man, Not one of these 20mm homos :p

I'll offer my hand to do the dash too, Its not something I've done, but interested to learn.

I personally like the full, black on black on black lol.

Ill give the 20mm a go, see how i find it. Its only 5mm at the end of the day!

I dont mind it, I just feel it would look good on silver wheels. I still have my other wheels in anthracite too.

You can help me with the dash if you want! Your good with wires and stuff arent you? You might be able to make all the buttons work haha

Triple black is nice. Get whitewalls to break it up

Theres always one.

Thankyou for the title change lol

Many.
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

You can help me with the dash if you want! Your good with wires and stuff arent you? You might be able to make all the buttons work haha

I should hope so considering its my day job ;) and of course I could ;)

Your hired then! I have a few weeks off in March, I think Ill do it then tbh. Providing I dont break myself snowboarding first!

lol! It had some red hoses, they got removed.

I guess I am abit boring when it comes to colour, the most adventurous Ive ever got colour wise was the bronze f1's on the monaco that turned out poo brown :eek:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Yep, I was worried about the white in my interior. But when I did it, I was very happy with the result. He who dares wins.

Or ends up with Poo wheels. One of the two ;)

New camera = an excuse for a bit of whoring.
IMG_3813.jpg

Peeling bumper
IMG_3814.jpg

Scrape
IMG_3815.jpg

Stone chips
IMG_3821.jpg

Curbed wheels and s**t yellow calipers.
IMG_3822.jpg

Cup spoiler. It feels great to finally have a ph1 with one fitted.
IMG_3826.jpg

Engine.
IMG_3824.jpg

Horrible blue interior.
IMG_3820.jpg

The amount of miles its had its been abused for.
IMG_3830.jpg

Bit of a negative selection of photos really, there were more but I cut it down to the worst bits.

But lets be honest, for 120k its not in a bad state. And I will happily say its the best to drive out of the clio's I have owned.

My destruction continues.
IMG_3853.jpg

Empty space.
IMG_3854.jpg

And stored, anyone would think I was planning on destroying engines/box's.
IMG_3855.jpg

The silver car is pretty much done now, got about another days worth of work pulling bits off it and it can be scrapped. Then I can finally start ruing the black car.

Many.

And I've not even had any bits off this one!

Good you got the engine out, even if it is the ***** way of doing it.

Bit of advice, looking purely at the rear measurements/figures is this roughly normal? Was done 07/13 so not too long ago.

195E14D8-69B8-4684-99BE-FD19AA291D7B.jpg

Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
  Many.

I know I've only just woken up, but bugger me thats hard to read.

You could do with more front camber IMO and it could also do with a small shim to correct the rear toe, 3.4mm is quite a lot.

Cup In bits

I know I've only just woken up, but bugger me thats hard to read.

You could do with more front camber IMO and it could also do with a small shim to correct the rear toe, 3.4mm is quite a lot.

Agreed what a jumble. 3.4mm is the total across the axle not per side.

You need more camber up front as its only set at 0.8 deg where as the rear is 1.7 deg. The front should have more camber than the rears on these cars for performance, around about the same front and back for tyre longevity.

If you have 15" wheels your rear toe converted to degrees is 0.6 left and 0.4 right. You would be looking for 20' max toe in or out really or 0.3 in degrees.

I dont understand it at all! Its so hard to work it out, il stick my camber gauge on the front and see what sorta camber its reading now for a rough idea.

Ill set the camber up front to 1.5' as thats what i normally run, ill wait until I get the cup wishbones/spacers on first though.

It drives nicely as it is, but I need to get it set up properly :)

An update purely of fitting/changing/servicing.

First up new number plate light,
IMG_3863.jpg

Followed by the rear lights of my titanium/monaco, they are pretty mint tbh with silvertec indicator bulbs.
IMG_3864.jpg

Fitted some nimbus heat shield. Not that you can see it really :eek:
IMG_3868.jpg

Then the rear wheels were off, plan was to swap calipers to some i sprayed black, fit 5mm spacers, fit whiteline ARB and raise the back up 5mm.
IMG_3871.jpg

Much better!!
IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

Oil and filter, throttle cable and spark plugs ready to change.
IMG_3875.jpg

What appears to be dirt on the thread of the plug lol
IMG_3882.jpg

Old v New.
IMG_3883.jpg

And how it sat at the end of the day, oh and i fitted the ph2 side strips too.
IMG_3884.jpg

Today was the first time Id jacked the car up/pulled it apart. Didnt find anything of shock/concern really. The engine is breathing abit of oil but not copious amounts.

The black F1's are off the car to get 2 new tyres then to be rufurbished in silver.
@AlexW is popping over tomorrow with the remainder of the bits I need to do the ph2 interior conversion. Im yet to decide what to do about the seats.

Things to do in the near future-
Get 20mm spacers
Change gearbox oil
Fit ph2 interior & dash

Many.

Agreed what a jumble. 3.4mm is the total across the axle not per side.

You need more camber up front as its only set at 0.8 deg where as the rear is 1.7 deg. The front should have more camber than the rears on these cars for performance, around about the same front and back for tyre longevity.

If you have 15" wheels your rear toe converted to degrees is 0.6 left and 0.4 right. You would be looking for 20' max toe in or out really or 0.3 in degrees.

I had mm's and degrees confused. Would be nice if it was perfect though!

Progress looks good though dan.

Just need to convice Dr Jekyll that Ph2 rear lights is the way forward.

See ya tomorrow!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Dan can you do me a favour if you don't mind? Could you measure:

The height from centre of front arch to the ground.
The height from the little flat bit on rear arch (just before rear bumper connects) to the ground.
The height from bottom of bumper (not inc splitter) to the ground.

Im getting mine aligned and wheel weighted on Monday and raised mine up a tad today and was just wondering what heights you have going by the last pics of yours.

Last edited:

Dan can you do me a favour if you don't mind? Could you measure:

The height from centre of front arch to the ground.
The height from the little flat bit on rear arch (just before rear bumper connects) to the ground.
The height from bottom of bumper (not inc splitter) to the ground.

Im getting mine aligned and wheel weighted on Monday and raised mine up a tad today and was just wondering what heights you have going by the last pics of yours.

I will do this shortly.

I noticed that this car is sitting literally the same as flamer, so I must be doing something right.
IMG_3884-1.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Twingo Dynamique

Dan mallett lives! Hahaha

The height from centre of front arch to the ground. - 570mm
The height from the little flat bit on rear arch (just before rear bumper connects) to the ground. - 560mm
The height from bottom of bumper (not inc splitter) to the ground. - 108mm

Rear needs raising tbh.

@
Dr Jekyll