ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ditiching climate control panel

Ive done away with my aircon. Just wondering if i can remove the climate control panel and swap to a manual version out a cup or other ph2

Would i have to fit a manual heater box?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd imagine you'll need to swap to a lower spec heater setup as the climate ones use motors to operate everything whereas others use cables, I plan on doing this myself buy haven't gotten around to it yet so can't say for sure unfortunately

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
they are totally different set ups, wiring, blower unit and heater matrix. It would be easiest to get the interior loom from a cup with the blower and matrix and swap it all over.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
For no benefit whatsoever.
yeah exactly. Other than maybe a couple of KG. You do need to run the roof loom for climate though! must be 100 grams!

It does actually work without the roof loom however unless the controller is on min the mixer flap is all the way to oven mode as the climate registers -64 deg as the internal temp.