ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disintegrating DS2500's

182cup & 172 racecar
Used to race on ds2500 in Hungary, no problem at all. 20min races though, and I don't stomp on the brakes either.

I did my last race on DS2500s as I'd worn out my DS3000.

They are now disintegrating lol but they were OK in the race, less feel than the DS3000 so I did overshoot a few corners...

I should mention they're a few years old as well and have done a good few thousand miles.

172 Race Car
Jay/Tony out of interest how come you don't use 2500s or pf97 and stuff like that?
Pretty much as Nick says. we used pf97's in our first season and both suffered with brake locking. The exact same pads in Dan Freemans (much heavier) 182 were mind blowing. We found the EBC yellows very easy to control so gave lots of confidence on the brakes close to other cars. We switched to Blues for last season as we had found the limit with the yellows.40mins flatout racing and were getting fade in the last 1/3 of the race. The blue takes the heat better. The pf97's were nearly £200 the EBC cost us about £50

182cup & 172 racecar
Pretty much as Nick says. we used pf97's in our first season and both suffered with brake locking. The exact same pads in Dan Freemans (much heavier) 182 were mind blowing. We found the EBC yellows very easy to control so gave lots of confidence on the brakes close to other cars. We switched to Blues for last season as we had found the limit with the yellows.40mins flatout racing and were getting fade in the last 1/3 of the race. The blue takes the heat better. The pf97's were nearly £200 the EBC cost us about £50

All of this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
NOW, if these were EBC's everybody would be saying they are sh1t etc what would you expect la la la,

See it happens to other makes as well. Bet nobody starts slating these ds2500 next brake pad discussion.

I will, can't stand ds2500 pads ;) never liked them, don't like fitting them, and they're over priced

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
My DS3000s are amazing and I was pushing very hard at my last track day. They're fine on the road from cold too, don't seem to squeak as much now either. Only downside is they've eaten my wheels!

Lionel Richie

yes but you were running with naff suspension geo then hence the issues IMO, cup racers never had that problem and they were on 97's, i still stick to them being the best pad for the clios EVER

182cup & 172 racecar
yes but you were running with naff suspension geo then hence the issues IMO, cup racers never had that problem and they were on 97's, i still stick to them being the best pad for the clios EVER

They were also on slicks darling. And £200

172 Race Car

They were also on slicks darling. And £200
yep running on slicks so therefore more tyre grip. Geo wasnt naff, we still had the problem at Snetterton last race of season