ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference between 1.2 sport and 1.2 dynamique

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
just turned 17 and got a 1.2 clio dynamique as it says on the log book but when i when to get it insured they are saying that its a 1.2 sport ?? and giving me stupid quotes of over 7k. so is there any way to tell because if it's a sport il have to sell and get get a other due to insurance prices. any help will be appreciated btw im new to the forum

Chocolate Orange 172
Welcome to the site mate

PM me your registration, I have a link to the DVLA and I shall see what they have on record for it!

Chocolate Orange 172
Probably because they think it's a "Sport", sometimes badges matter and I can never understand why??

Renault Clio RS182
That's true, when i bought the Ibiza FR TDI (130), i was looking at a 206 HDI GTI (110) and they wanted 3 times as much for the pug! That damn GTI badge!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The dynamique clio's are a renault clio sport 1.2 dynamique so unfortunately it is a sport model, however it never made a difference when I used to have 1 on the insurance...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
£7,000 would get me 12 years of unlimited travel on buses in Edinburgh...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The dynamique clio's are a renault clio sport 1.2 dynamique so unfortunately it is a sport model, however it never made a difference when I used to have 1 on the insurance...
they done a ph1 sport that some early dynamiques come up as on insurance databases for some reason, they should go under the proper dynamique model though rather than sport.

Clio 1.2 16V
My 52 Clio 1.2 had the "sport" badge, took it off, really isn't anything sporty about it lol.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
They are the same, my old dynamique used to say 1.2 'sport' on paper. Doesn't make any difference to insure.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Try a different insurance company.

Call them, don't use comparison sites ffs!!

I'm pretty sure the sports were just a trim spec thing.. Wheels and dual optics. There's nothing 'sporty' about them whatsoever.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ive just recently bought a 2001 dynamique 1.2 16v and had the same problem! haha

Try LV there the cheapest insurance i could find but i am 19 and been driving over a year soooo
But LV was the only company that it came up as a dynaimique and not a sport lol