ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel clio any good

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
Ok so I currently have a 1.2 16v clio but I'm doing 60 mile a day and the dci 1.5 is cheeper insurance than mine looking at a 55 dci 106 so are these good cars or any other u guys recommend also are they any good speed wise thanks :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Either the clio or the 106 both make a lot of financial sense.

Just bear in mind things like injectors and pumps can be expensive compared to a petrol so keep a little in reserve from all that cash you save on fuel!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you looking to save cash or get a new car ?

Spending a few grand on a newer car to save £100 on insurance isn't going to make you richer ;) I'd have thought you get 40-45mpg all day long in your 1.2, especially in a long commute (assuming you're not sat at 110 all the way there !) - Lets say you get 55-60 in the diesel .. you've got 20% saving on fuel but it's 10% more expensive to start with.

Have you done your sums ? :eek:

If you need economy, dCi80 mk2 would be a simpler swap I'd have thought ? Lets say you get £2k for your car, and you pay 2-2.5 for a nice dCi .. It'll feel like a rocketship compared to your 1.2 too.

Much better on the wallet IMO

:evil:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah my bad, I thought he was talking about either getting a mk2 clio diesel or a 106 diesel. I assumed the 55 referred to the power output not the reg, lol

Thanks for correcting me.

Yes I agree that spending thousands on a much dearer car just to save a few quid a week in fuel often doesnt work out.

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
At 65 - 70 mph my cars getting 35 mpg and the clio I was looking at is £3500 and after my deposit is £60 per month but my cars totally worthless tbf and will prolly cost a lot to even get it threw its mot so does the price seem ok or a bit steep its got 98000 miles on