ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I was recommending imperial to clean the dirt off the wheels before using iron X to shift the fallout.

I think I tested iron out and didn't find it too effective compared to iron X.

Iron Out doesn't compare to Iron X in my opinion. I found it took a lot longer to react, and when the reactiuon happened, it was dissapointing.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've also got Tar X, and it's decent enough. I haven't tried Tardis though to compare!

I have tried ObliTARate, and wasn't overwelmed.

That's the one! Obliterate, I'm sure I had to go back round with tardis when trying oblitarate

I think it was Gally singing praise on tar X. I might replace tardis with it when I need more.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
That's the one! Obliterate, I'm sure I had to go back round with tardis when trying oblitarate

I think it was Gally singing praise on tar X. I might replace tardis with it when I need more.

Yes mate, ObliTARate is okay if you have next to no tar. I haven't yet found a reason to ditch Tar X and try Tardis though, so read in to that what you will.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yes mate, ObliTARate is okay if you have next to no tar. I haven't yet found a reason to ditch Tar X and try Tardis though, so read in to that what you will.

Same here lol, I've not had a reason to switch from tardis to tar X haha.

Next time I need it I'll take the plunge and try tar X haha.

FF Racing Blue 182
Went for kkd break away. Now, what do you suggest for a 1 step polish and what pads.

Something to deal with light swirls.

Clio 172
Surprising to hear the reactions to oblitarate

I've always found it to work a lot quicker and better than tardis, if only it wasn't for the price id use it a lot more too

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Went for kkd break away. Now, what do you suggest for a 1 step polish and what pads.

Something to deal with light swirls.

I've just used Wolfs Nano Glaze, which hides swirls and it works really well ( I can't take swirl photos). It's really easy to apply and technically leaves a nano coating/ LSP. I put something over the top.

I did my wife's 3 series bonnet in a couple if minutes at a low speed. A Polish would have taken twice as long.

Evo 5 RS
Just used Gyeon WetCoat for the first time, really impressed. Car barely needed drying after and has left it looking very slick.
I was really impressed with that stuff.

And Megs Spray wax, first time I've used it. So easy to apply, especially when the suns out.

Since having Xpel film fitted I don't really have to worry about swirls. For tar I just use white spirit.

lol.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Whats the deal with Motorbike cleaning guys? Pressure washer okay?

I know they're okay with water as it rains etc, but I'm not sure about pressure washers due to the force. Snow foam etc ok?

Megane 225 f1
Yesturday i spent about 8 hours cleaning, claying polishing and waxing my car. It was the first time i had polished and waxed the car since owning! Today its covered in a thin layer of dust. It does feel very very slightly rough, whats the best way of going about getting rid of it? Isit a case of wash and dry again or could i just use a QD and a microfibre? Obviously i want to avoid marring/swirling

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@RyG I've never needed any more than a QD wipedown on any of my bikes. Even after riding in the rain to the north Weald meet I misted it down with the hose, and detailing brush with citrus power or shampoo in a spray bottle. Give everything a good wipe down with reload or c2. After each ride give it a good QD wipedown, evluve the chain and put it away ready for the next ride out

Evo 5 RS
Resin polished, extra gloss sealant followed by a Dodo light wax.

Not many pics, just managed to finish before the rain came - however for those interested in the Xpel PPF, will show some edges and how it keeps the carbon looking fresh, no light scratching due to the self healing properties. So worth it in my opinion.

tkoXfII.jpg

Xpel Ultimate on roof.
tBT9f1w.jpg

film invisible on leading edges
BmV83kx.jpg

37fXHVI.jpg

Splitter also covered in PPF
ULmbU9g.jpg

A Few
I am puzzled by the tailgate glass in my new 172 and wondered if anyone can help. I thoroughly washed and dried off the car as a normally do. Cleaned all glass, but I noticed the tailgate glass, looking carefully at some angles, seems to have permanent marks.. just like watermarks?? Gave the glass another clean, but the watermarks remain. I thought its got to be on the inside, but no. It almost seems like water runs within the glass?? Anyone come across this or got any ideas what going on?? Any advice?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I am puzzled by the tailgate glass in my new 172 and wondered if anyone can help. I thoroughly washed and dried off the car as a normally do. Cleaned all glass, but I noticed the tailgate glass, looking carefully at some angles, seems to have permanent marks.. just like watermarks?? Gave the glass another clean, but the watermarks remain. I thought its got to be on the inside, but no. It almost seems like water runs within the glass?? Anyone come across this or got any ideas what going on?? Any advice?

Acid rain etching?

Pics?

A Few
Haven't got any pics, but will try and add one tomorrow, if it shows on the camera. Its strange. I do know the car had stood for sometime under a tree - don't know if that has anything to do with this?? It doesn't seem like a product would help, but I could be wrong?? But would rather try rectification than seeking out a new tailgate.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haven't got any pics, but will try and add one tomorrow, if it shows on the camera. Its strange. I do know the car had stood for sometime under a tree - don't know if that has anything to do with this?? It doesn't seem like a product would help, but I could be wrong?? But would rather try rectification than seeking out a new tailgate.

Sap?

Try some autosmart tardis or carpro tar X?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Polish monkeys, I need some help.

I want some polishes for a correction, and maybe some pads too. I have a DA6 bobby J gave me, I was looking at the Menzerna 250ml Sampler Kit on clean your car but it's out of stock?

Any other advice? Pads? I have some with it but god knows what.
Chem guys new pads are very good as are the hex logic ones Rob, avoid most other pads, the menzerna ones are poor.

Polishes... scholl are very good but the sampler kit is hard to beat.