ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I found using the sonax bsd then a nice wax on top looked superb. I know it's not the right way round to do things, but well impressed with the outcome

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
The single pots aren't for charity no..

I agree the price is steep and you could no doubt go and buy a better wax than Illusion for £180.

However, it's not a wax I will use.. I already own the wax, for me it's purely a unique one-off hand designed and crafted piece that I will keep in my collection.

I can't imagine AF are making any profit when you look into how much Neil Melliard charges for pin striping and laying gold leaf guild.. Extremely talented chap though.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just got a replacement used brake light as my current one has a broken seal.

However, there are a couple of marks etc that I would like to improve before putting it on. Although I think it will need a wet sand first, what pad combo is okay to use on the plastic?

uAT4lx2.jpg

iAZJAJq.jpg

Was thinking spot pads with the Das6pro at around 3 speed setting, got the following available:

Hexlogic: black, white, green, orange
Menz polishes: FG400, PO106FA, 203S

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ended up using a green pad with 203s for a few passes then 106FA on a white pad.
Could of refined it further but ran out of time but the main marks were removed. It was then sealed with C2V3.

YKbgsVAE

xEAqs1wE

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
afcdebf9a360d3307a3a516a9cd47c26.jpg

6179c528d9a4f12444b790c338074aea.jpg

d8cd2d5af410ea4791f2a419bbfd359f.jpg

A very trusted detailer and Fusso have convinced me that I was maybe too quick to judge Fusso. Maybe I didn't know enough about them nor try the correct wax (make of that what you will)

Anyway the detailer urged me to find out a bit more about Fusso and an email to Jacqui back and forth lead me to this point.

The background etc of the company is very impressive and after speaking the other week about heritage and bringing something different to the table, I fear I may have pigeon-holed it due to the state of the detailing market at the moment and these new waxes that have entered it. Probably teach me to research things like I used to instead of being sceptical of everything released just now.

I will update with my thoughts after some more in depth testing opposed to the sample trialled before.

If anyone does have a sample then it may be the case you're missing out on the products performance, Fusso's own words, so I'm more than willing to be proved wrong on my initial thoughts, this pot will probably be mailed around next year to let people try it at full scale.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah when something like that happens it makes me go the opposite way. BSD was the same.

I always give products a go before relaying my scepticism and opinions on forums as I know that can have an affect on people buying stuff. Especially in detailing!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well I can't say a u-turn yet. When I tested it I was in a pissed off phase and there were so so many waxes coming out that I pretty much had decided it would be average.

I like it's quirkiness and packaging although I really hate tins. Even if they had a nicer lid but they always need popped open. Not a fan but as you can see with the plastic cover they are old school Japanese cool. Felt like I was playing Shenmue again 14 years ago!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I remember seeing the filling ability on its release and it was mega impressive tbf. I'll test that further myself.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm getting thoroughly bored with the copious amounts of new products out and about nowadays. I'm struggling to keep up and quite frankly it's just plain f**king me off. I played with some dodo juice wax today and I loved it. I like going back to some old products every now and again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Had a play with some products today with @Kyle 86
Tried a sample of britemax vantage wax, incredible firm wax but once worked into the applicator it was very oily and easy to spread, quite deceptive. Still undecided on it

Washed my car down wearing 2 month old Sonax polymer net shield and it was beading as well as a nano sealant on rinse down. Might be rubbish to apply but it's very durable and keeps the car cleaner than normal. Kyle trialled it on a few panels so interesting to hear his thoughts after a few months

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I agree on the vantage findings Dave. Get it working and it spreads so so we'll. Even better than autostart wax which is so smooth and buttery.

Scrooge. Rubbishboys is a lovely old school style wax. I always swore if I got imperial Blue again I'd do at least 6 layers of Purple haze on a lazy Sunday. It does colour charge slightly from 3 layers and up.

Then seal it with reload. ; )

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I agree on the vantage findings Dave. Get it working and it spreads so so we'll. Even better than autostart wax which is so smooth and buttery.

Scrooge. Rubbishboys is a lovely old school style wax. I always swore if I got imperial Blue again I'd do at least 6 layers of Purple haze on a lazy Sunday. It does colour charge slightly from 3 layers and up.

Then seal it with reload. ; )

I used put around 5-6 layers on the Toledo over a couple of days and it's used to look as good as the likes of illusion but with proper durability.

I did @cat171 V6 today with 2 layers topped off with reload. Looked stunning.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Get the impression vantage is one if those where you need the full size pot to get the full experience. Can be found for £25 for a full 200ml pot, trying to come up with reasons why I shouldn't buy it
Tried the Sonax turbo detailer also, much nicer to use than BSD but still doesn't leave a slick finish. Not tried the water behaviour yet

DDJ waxes in general are pretty nice to use, with the initial performance being pretty good, I could just never get it to last

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
See they always lasted for me. I loved PH.

Just from the beading thread.

Migliore Strata Sealant. One of the most impressive products I've used in recent years. Majorly Un-used against the big boys.

On a dirty car...

9a838d8deede7ca5b244d665b5428fc6.jpg

f18d4976246f36dfc6a168898b5f4f36.jpg

08107bbc329efbd074ff05f640722850.jpg

565a841366e38f0fea3620e38ca107db.jpg

fdbb73c050ade5b2b46bd547e7e1a89e.jpg

a7d019f7a9dd869a904db02d4f5c35cd.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
At £25 I'd have a pot of Vantage over AG HD all day long. Much nicer to use. If Finis Wax was in a nicer pot it would be hard to beat at the price point. Lovely wax.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never tried layering them, think it was orange crush and rainforest rub I was using at the time. Opened my eyes to what it's like to enjoy using a wax.

Thanks for the offer lawro, will test my sample alongside a few other general waxes and see how long it lasts. If it's half decent I'll more than likely order it along with blackmax and AIOmax and maybe a few more of their range as they always seem solid performers

Finis and their new speed wax has also got my attention lately

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love Finis. I'd have it pored into a Vintage pot if I could. Great wax. Especially for the cost even as a 50ml.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Rainforest Rub was the other one I was thinking of old school.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just discovered bilt hamber are Essex based. Another reason to give them a go, their laboratory is even closer

Never got a chance to use the strata coating before the weather turned. Next spring hopefully

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They're a small company aswell and always in the lab. I phoned the other week about a clear underbody coating for a new defender we ordered, on the phone happily for ages explaining the different options.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I used to like the dodo waxes, the orange crush was great on my old inferno. Are they colour enhanced? If so which one for my monaco?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I couldn't remember what IT was called until I did a quick search. Not sure of the colour makes any odds but people do seem to use that one for darker colours