ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Cleaned our lisa's smart which hadn't been done for a year we'd worked out.
15625249780_48dcf9a0e1_b.jpg
IMG_20141116_125111 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
Covered in tar, wheels were black, panels fading.. Came out well. WW got the wheels spotless, AF triple brought the panels back and sealed with gtechniq c2v3.

Really getting into this mate, nice work!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Really getting into this mate, nice work!
It was actually quite enjoyable but then it is a smart. Plus i'm in the good books now.
I should have got some proper before/after pics. The difference is quite remarkable if I do say so myself.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff mate. Nice colour combo, C2 will keep it cleaner through the winter months also.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
used the W5 citrus degreaser neat to clean my drivers seat came out spot on.
the w4 snow foam is very thick neat. in the snow foam lance comes out great and very think clings well and cleans very good for a snow foam.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
used the W5 citrus degreaser neat to clean my drivers seat came out spot on.
the w4 snow foam is very thick neat. in the snow foam lance comes out great and very think clings well and cleans very good for a snow foam.

The reviews look very promising, purchased all of the new products at the weekend along with a few top ups. Turned up this morning so looking forward to putting then through their paces. Got a MK7 GTI in this weekend so prime opportunity.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
So annoyed with the rogue crows that are attacking everyone's cars in the work car park. 6 week old car :(

f8d7bbb307532ac34179ddbe42b4b541.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fastest place to get hydr02 from?? I need to order some now, and it needs to be here tomorrow. Got a customer booked in for 8am Thursday and I've just ran out. Because forgetful c**t.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Fastest place to get hydr02 from?? I need to order some now, and it needs to be here tomorrow. Got a customer booked in for 8am Thursday and I've just ran out. Because forgetful c**t.

I can drop you some round mate if you need it urgently.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll pm you his mobile number mate...
I just spoke to him. He was as helpful as a turd in the shoe tbh.

I've ordered it though and if it's not here in time I'll pinch @Lawro 's bottle and replace it when mine turns up.

Cheers anyway mate.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Im after something quick and not too fussy for adding some protection to wheels.

Oh and not too expensive as it'll be used on a few cars.

Had Poorboys Wheel Sealant (Pink Stuff) before and thought it was crap.

Suggestions please.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hydro2 is good for non fussy application. Wash, spray on, wash off, done.

Wheel wax is a waste of time. Never used one that actually works as it promises!
Unless you want to use proper wheel sealer (DLux etc) then just use normal car body sealer IMO.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought as much, I just stuck Hydro2 on my wheels as I was putting on my car but wasn't sure if there was anything new or old that's decent, I'll finish off my Tough Coat on them then.
Cheers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fairy liquid on the pad and leave soaking through the pad in hot water for a bit then squeeze around after 15 minutes cleaning it using the soap.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Im after something quick and not too fussy for adding some protection to wheels.

Oh and not too expensive as it'll be used on a few cars.

Had Poorboys Wheel Sealant (Pink Stuff) before and thought it was crap.

Suggestions please.

For pure ease of use I use tough coat. It seems to work well on wheels too! Lasting a few months. It does little for the hot brake dust though

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a new wax for the new year.

I've been leaning towards Zymol Carbon. @Yellow Dave I've read your thoughts on it on Detailing World but they were from a couple of years ago.

Any others I should be considering around the £60 mark? I don't really want to go for any of the Auto Finesse range (unless I can be persuaded otherwise). Durability of at least 2 months really.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looking for a new wax for the new year.

I've been leaning towards Zymol Carbon. @Yellow Dave I've read your thoughts on it on Detailing World but they were from a couple of years ago.

Any others I should be considering around the £60 mark? I don't really want to go for any of the Auto Finesse range (unless I can be persuaded otherwise). Durability of at least 2 months really.

I'm a big fan of Carbon, it's a timeless wax that just keeps giving.

For around that budget I would also consider Swissvax BOS (50ml pots should be within budget) or Mirage.

Throwing in a wild card, Valet-Pro Beading Marvellous.. Widely reviewed at the moment, it's puts waxes twice it's price to shame. Really is a lovely wax!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Carbon is generally a nice all round wax. But I didn't find it to be overly durable against contaminants and had to clay after removing it instead of a general wipe down with a tar remover. AF passion is not quite as nice to use but is more durable and looked better on most colours IMO.

Bouncers 22 and satsuma rock have that nice oily application and last about the same as carbon but both look better

Not tried it but obsession wax hybrid 86 has got my interest. What else are you looking for in a wax?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon is generally a nice all round wax. But I didn't find it to be overly durable against contaminants and had to clay after removing it instead of a general wipe down with a tar remover. AF passion is not quite as nice to use but is more durable and looked better on most colours IMO.

Bouncers 22 and satsuma rock have that nice oily application and last about the same as carbon but both look better

Not tried it but obsession wax hybrid 86 has got my interest. What else are you looking for in a wax?
Aside from Carbon's durability against contaminants how was it in terms of ease of use and beading/sheeting?

I've been used to 476S so I would like to try something a bit more oily. P21S was fantastic to use, but its durability was awful. Durability isn't key as this will be more of a summer wax. At least 2 months would be ideal.

I've used a couple of the Dodo Juice waxes before and I wasn't that impressed. Are the Bouncers waxes any different?

Just read up on Obsession and it does sound very good. Bit confused with all the colour and scent choices though!

I have a midnight sky (metallic grey) Fiesta, whilst the girlfriend has a squeeze green Fiesta, and these are the two cars that I will be maintaining, so something that works well on both colours would be ideal.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ive used the last of my valet pro citrus wash now and i came across this on halfords

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/detailing-products/carplan-trade-super-tfr-25l

same people who make the demon machine rapid dirt shifter, same colour as it as well. has anyone used it?

Go very careful with TFR. Repeated use is really bad for your car!

The TFR I use will strip ANY polishes or waxes on the paint with very little effort. It's proper strong stuff.,

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Daniel it's supposed to be the same as demon machine rapid dirt shifter so wax safe. Not like a traditional TFR that you are used to

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Carbon application is very nice and spreads well but shouldn't be left too long. It's beading and sheeting are like all Zymol waxes and initially are very impressive, some of the best for a wax, but drops off pretty quickly.

Some new wax hybrids that seem popular are the soft99 and sonax waxes that might be worth a look.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon is a great example of an entry level boutique wax imo.

Just my opinion but wax is about way more than the sum of it's parts, so many variables. Carbon is a lovely wax.

I want a pot of Ezyme to keep.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I have read nothing but good things about Carbon, as well as all the Zymol waxes. I want something a bit more special, especially as I do have access to my uncle's Evora, so a really nice wax for that wouldn't go a miss.

I've had a look on the Zymol site and the directions seem a bit fussy. Apply using an applicator, then use another applicator and move the wax in the opposite direction, leave for 30-40 seconds then rub slowly for the wax to set, before leaving it for 30 mins before buffing off. Is this necessary or will simply applying with an applicator, leave it to cure then buff off suffice?

Is Zymol HD Cleanse necessary with Zymol waxes, or will other pre-wax cleaners suffice?