ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
2 layers over rejuvenate was still protecting when I stripped it back after 5 and a half months. I've only had autoglym HD wax last as long. AF spirit has come pretty close also

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for some good thick microfibre cloths? I bought a pack of 6 cheap ones and they just smear instantly.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
For what purpose? I love my Swissvax Microfluffy for buffing certain waxes. Doesn't do every job mind. Not cheap either.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm watching old wheeler dealers with an old brown porsche... Just out of the spray booth and covered in swirls.

Omg!

Point of the story, I was a bit let down with myself for being gobsmacked at the sight of swirls lol.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
For what purpose? I love my Swissvax Microfluffy for buffing certain waxes. Doesn't do every job mind. Not cheap either.

I'd be using them for buffing off things like Ultra Glaze, Tripple, Tough Coat and probably some quick detailing spray too.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Nice coat of wax on the car earlier and it starts to rain before I can buff it off. So I buff it off in the rain and now I've noticed bits I've missed! The the sun decided to come out so now I've got loads of water spots on my windows. Grrrrrr!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Reactions: Ben
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Nice coat of wax on the car earlier and it starts to rain before I can buff it off. So I buff it off in the rain and now I've noticed bits I've missed! The the sun decided to come out so now I've got loads of water spots on my windows. Grrrrrr!
We only had light showers and drizzle so thought it was ideal time to give it a quick maintenance wash and top up. Part from the sun came out in full once it came to rinsing and drying. Water marks everywhere requiring a thorough QD wipe down.

If you have a water based QD give it a good wipe down and it should remove any excess wax and smears before they set properly

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Monster detail planned for Sunday with Mr CarPro himself!Is it sad i'm uber excited to detail this thing? LSP currently undecided but I want to do a proper write up!

e1b98ccec8b5aa5e6a1609d447b5d6e4.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think so. Going to coat the top of the boot lid and bonnet in Dlux I think for more testing.

I heard someone had to seriously machine it off a test panel.

Not nice to apply but cool for testing. You seen my video in the other thread with Dlux on half a wing.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Whats some decent machine polishing pads to start out with for a Meguairs polisher? I got it cheap with no pads.

Been looking at the Chemical guys hex logic ones, auto finesse ones, anything else better?

I'd like to try some zymol carbon. Anyone fancy doing a sample swap for either bouncers 22, af passion or britemax vantage?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Whats some decent machine polishing pads to start out with for a Meguairs polisher? I got it cheap with no pads.

Been looking at the Chemical guys hex logic ones, auto finesse ones, anything else better?
I like lake country myself

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
And they claim I don't know my s**t. The last car I look after was topped at 5 months. Was still sheeting water like crazy, beading was jaded slightly.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
And they claim I don't know my s**t. The last car I look after was topped at 5 months. Was still sheeting water like crazy, beading was jaded slightly.

It's unbelievable! If it was anyone else I would have called him a liar but the owner is as lazy as they come so there is no way he would have topped it up! It's got to be one of the best, if not the best sealant on the market.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tomorrow night my friend, tomorrow night. All will be revealed. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually a good price but whether it's right for you I do not know. All about technique and practice and you'll work any machine. I have a DAS6 Pro for sale if you would rather one of those?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What do you mean whether it's right for me? I've tried a DA before (my mates DAS6) but just fancy getting my own to learn more and do it as a hobby really. I think I'd prefer to buy a whole kit as I have nothing (pads, polishes etc) as far as machine polishing goes but it depends how cheap you're selling yours for? PM me if you like :)

Suzuki Jimny
Feels odd posting in here...

I'm having my car sorted out by pure auto next week with some sealant for winter, shall I get a different shampoo or stick with the meguiars gold class stuff?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! My one is a pro so a step up from the normal Das. I don't like those new ones which are based on the bigfoot.

You'll see from previous Das threads etc that buying as a kit is not a good idea as they give items that are not required. The menzerna pads for example are poor but the polishes are some of the best imo.

I'll fire you a PM.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch

I'm having my car sorted out by pure auto next week with some sealant for winter, shall I get a different shampoo or stick with the meguiars gold class stuff?
I'd have thought as long as its LSP safe any shampoo will be fine, I think gold class is IIRC but someone else will know for certain.

Gold Class is wax safe, so you'll be fine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The beading and sheeting will be replaced by the wax in the shampoo sadly. It'll look good but not ideal. What sealant is he using?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The wash and wax is ok, the the wax additive will cover your wax or sealant under until it wears off. Weather dependant it may only last a few days but might end up making it more dirty between routine washes.

There are loads of people that use a wax or gloss enhancing shampoo and love it and it works fine. It's only really important if you're paying for an expensive nano coating sealant. If you've got plenty of wash and wax left stick with it as it cleans well. Maybe get a bare shampoo if it's running out

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Silly question but how do I use GTechniq C2V3? I have a bottle here and never used. If the weather stays nice the car's getting a going over tomos.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned our lisa's smart which hadn't been done for a year we'd worked out.
15625249780_48dcf9a0e1_b.jpg
IMG_20141116_125111 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
Covered in tar, wheels were black, panels fading.. Came out well. WW got the wheels spotless, AF triple brought the panels back and sealed with gtechniq c2v3.