ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Roy - I am more than happy to pay for a game, for me it's the time. After you invest 100+ hours into a game and still having fun, but then they bring out a sequel it feels like a bit of a waste. In a typical RPG I would have probably completed it and in a normal FPS I would have probably got bored, but in Destiny I bought it because it was fun to play in the demo and Bungie alluded to this giant, organically growing game which would be added to over the next few years. They didn't say there would be sequels, they said "Destiny will last 10 years" not "The Destiny franchise will last 10 years" so there is a bit of a difference.

I'll no doubt buy the sequel, but this isn't the game I thought it was or hoped it would be

So what are you saying?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So what are you saying?

That he thought £50 was going to pay for 10 years worth of gaming?

I'll probably pick this up soon. I enjoyed the Beta. No doubt I will be way behind and it will take me months to level up to a half decent level but I think I'll enjoy it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That he thought £50 was going to pay for 10 years worth of gaming?

I'll probably pick this up soon. I enjoyed the Beta. No doubt I will be way behind and it will take me months to level up to a half decent level but I think I'll enjoy it.

It's not complicated is it.

I haven't bought the game for this very reason infact. I know it's a console game that was promising the world.

Imagine when World of Warcraft came out, the same year Blizzard announced that in a couple of years they would release the sequel. There would be near enough no reason to play it (IMO).

Brand you sound like you need a life killer of a game to satisfy the gaming addict in you.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
This guy be mad, but he does also make some valid points!

At the end of the day it all comes down to money as Roy said.

For anyone one else on FB with a PS4 there is quite vibrant Destiny group called 'Destiny PS4 Community', the notifications are constant and there is always people looking for players to join raids etc. Even people offering to help or carry others.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ha - I am enjoying Destiny, I just feel like it was a little miss-sold

Im enjoying it too, but the whole story was a dissapointment, from reading online it was changed last minute..

It just no challenge, imo the game should be a challenge like the raids are imo

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst I hear and appreciate the comments that have been made, I don't think Destiny has been mis-sold as such. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I was always a little sceptical anyway as to what would appear once the game went gold, or the fact that I have a more realistic view of 'how these things work' from an industry inside point-of-view. Maybe. For me, this first Destiny game was always going to have a limited lifetime insofar that there would be a sequel within a couple of years or so of release (regardless of the DLC being released for it). It's about establishing a 'brand' and grounds for a long-running franchise; much in the same way that Bungie did with Halo whilst enjoying Microsoft's backing prior to their breakaway. With rapid advances in software design and new software techniques afforded by the Xbox One, PS4 and gaming PC architectures it doesn't always make sense to try and keep the 'same game' for such a long period of time (as 10 years). There needs to be a level of flexibility to accommodate changes to underlying game engines, to change the direction of the franchise, to exploit and make as much money as possible to simply be able to continue the franchise running for a 10 year term.

Ph 1 172
Well I'm slowly dribding my level up I'm up to level 22 now... Just wish I had some more strange coins do I can afford ssome decent armour. Anyone fancy doing a few strikes later on x1??

Mito Sportiva 135
Add me Dom - Brando M83. Not on tonight but over the weekend. Getting coins is quite easy if you do the level 26 weekly heroics - 6 a pop

Hopefully Xur has something good this week - I bought an exotic sniper 2 weeks ago but not levelled it up much yet

182 Cup
I'm probably going to be on most of the night, would be good to have someone to play with on PS4. tzymo is my PSN account name.

340i
Just bought this along with COD and Forza Horizon 2... Is there is list of XBO Gamertags for you guys?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still level 20. Been on all night but haven't come across anything good. Not even got my first rank with Dead orbit yet but have enough crucible marks to buy armour. Just a shame I need to he rank 2 with them first.

Clio 182
Biggest hyped up game since watchdogs IMO...

Gave this a good bash and stuck a solid 10-20 hours in (level 20+) but just couldn't get on with it in the end. Story was garbage and could only be enjoyed in co-op or multiplayer. Just not for me.

GTD, Lupo
Just solo'd the weekly nightfall and the game dropped with the final boss about to die! Not happy... screw you anteater!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just solo'd the weekly nightfall and the game dropped with the final boss about to die! Not happy... screw you anteater!

Happened to me on a level 26...

I cant do 28 my weapon sucks i only have 1 piece of legendary and 1 exotic and im only level 25 so hardly do any damage [emoji17] i cant get any legendary engrams at all and when i do they end up being ascended energy! :(

GTD, Lupo
Your best bet is to go through the crucible weapon seller. I end up buying a weapon every couple of weeks as the points max out on 200.

For engrams it just comes down to luck. I got most of mine through leveling up dark orbit. I'm level 8 now and every time you go up a level you get gifts in the shape of legendary items. One exotic (Suros regime) from 600 PVP games.

List of mine and where i got them:

Primary:
Exotics
Hard Light - Engram
Suros Regime - Xur
Suros Regime - Crucible game
Universal Remote - Weeklie Nightfall

Legendary
Cryptic Dragon - Crucible Store
Vanquisher v111 - Engram
Unwilling soul - Crucible store
A.1F19X-RYL - Engram
SuperPox VLO - no idea
Shadow Price - Engram
Lord High fixer - Crucible store

Secondary
Exotic
Patience and time - Xur
Invetive - Bounty
Ice Breaker - Xur

Legendary
The Comedian - Engram
Judgment - Weekly Nightfall
The Supremacy - Queen
Epitaph 2261 - no idea
Purifier v11 - Weekly Nightfall
Praedyths revenge - VOG

Heavy
Exotic
Super Good Advice - Xur

Legendary
Steel Oracle z-11 - Engram
Zombie Apocalypse - Engram

Mito Sportiva 135
I did the nightfall last night with a couple of guys and was really easy hiding in the box room and using the ice breaker
I am level 28 now after receiving 11 ascendant energy from it - plus a few more for random bits and pieces

Mito Sportiva 135
Well after about 4 hours last night of many attempts we finally killed Atheon. I got the chatterwhite shader and Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle.

The vault seems so buggy now though, people kicked out all the time, glitches like dropping the shield for no reason, or AI freezes...makes it SO much harder. I don't know why Bungie decided to make the game mechanics harder but didn't fix the actual errors first to make it a fair fight

Mito Sportiva 135
My mate went from not finishing the raid, to over 2 nights completing it on normal then hard (as he was being carried a little!)
He has now overtaken me with 2 bits of raid armour and 2 exotics and 2 raid weapons. Does anyone else get Destiny envy??
I am high 28 but need more ascendant energy first and not getting any at the moment
Finding lots of bugs though at the moment

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I haven't played this in a while. Got properly bored just repeating the same stuff over and over again. It got to a point where I was just running past enemies in the strikes to get to the boss quicker, lol.

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't played this in a while. Got properly bored just repeating the same stuff over and over again. It got to a point where I was just running past enemies in the strikes to get to the boss quicker, lol.

Yeah that's how it is...

They should make harder enemies when doing patrols. If you're a level 28 like me running around for spinmetal, taking on level 7 enemies it's boring as hell. The whole resource system needs looking at, walking around looking for things isn't very cutting edge...

Evo 8 MR
Level 29 in sight. It's becoming more and more challenging just to level-up by the smallest amounts. Brilliant game.

You got a full set of raid armour? What class are you?

I'm 29 but currently upgrading my raid armour and need a few more shards to hit 30.

Mito Sportiva 135
I have no raid armour, completed it fully once, but attempted it a couple of times...can you make 29 with no raid gear if everything fully upgraded, e.g. 1 exotic and 3 legendary armour pieces

No Raid armour yet. Maxed-exotic helmet. Maxed-legendary chest piece and gauntlets. Little bit left to go on my boots. Light 107.

GTD, Lupo
I refuse to use my raid armour. I'm waiting for the iron banner level 30 gear next week. Currently have 81 shards so shouldnt have any issues leveling up when it comes to it.

I have lost a little interest this week but with iron banner coming back with new gear next week, which you have to earn not just simply tag along on the VOG im looking forward to next week.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I finally got my first exotic weapon 'Truth' on Thursday and a legendary Dead Orbit shotgun which is ace from the Crucible. Then I finally ranked my FWC rating to 2, bought a helmet and Boots from FWC and a chest Piece from Xur (Armamentarium) and jump from 24 to lv.26. I was stuck on lv.24 for ages becuase a lack of purple gear.
I'm looking forward to the updates, still wainting for my cousin to get PS4 as I said I would wait for him to finish the campaign!

Evo 8 MR
I have no raid armour, completed it fully once, but attempted it a couple of times...can you make 29 with no raid gear if everything fully upgraded, e.g. 1 exotic and 3 legendary armour pieces

You can just make 29 yeah but if you want to hit 30 it's best to save your shards for raid gear.

No Raid armour yet. Maxed-exotic helmet. Maxed-legendary chest piece and gauntlets. Little bit left to go on my boots. Light 107.

Exotic helmet is the best way to go because you can get the other three pieces of raid gear from doing the level 26 VOG and still hit 30 without having to do the level 30 VOG.

I've finally hit 30 yesterday, only took me 80 hours. :S

182 Cup
Hit level 20 last night. I really did hit the crucible a bit hard, just starting Venus on the missions. Might start another to work through the storyline yet. [emoji87]

GTD, Lupo
Is anyone good at the PVP side of the game? Just checked destiny tracker and it says I'm #3400 in the world. Can't wait for iron banner to start again!