ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

White APE
ALL I WANT IS THE THORN BOUNTY! I've done 47 of the Shiro bounties which usually involve a boring trip to Archon's Forge. Most people get it in less than 10 or 20. I've done nearly 50 and still don't have it :(

Snap. Only exotic quest I haven't done. I've nearly filled my book apart from some of the raid bits but another run or 2 and that will be done.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
ALL I WANT IS THE THORN BOUNTY! I've done 47 of the Shiro bounties which usually involve a boring trip to Archon's Forge. Most people get it in less than 10 or 20. I've done nearly 50 and still don't have it 😧
Are they the plagueland patrol ones, etc? I wondered why I got another!

Mito Sportiva 135
I got it yesterday, finally! Only took me 50...
Tried the hard raid last night - a few people I know have finished it already but we couldn't get past the first boss! We had this guy playing with us who was an absolute tool - kept dying and suggesting ridiculous ideas. E.g. they added 3 new balls to throw so his idea was just to leave them and 'see what happened'. I explained it was highly doubtful Bungie would add something which had no objective...but by the time we all agreed we were flogging a dead horse it was gone midnight and I just went to bed in a mood.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I got it yesterday, finally! Only took me 50...
Tried the hard raid last night - a few people I know have finished it already but we couldn't get past the first boss! We had this guy playing with us who was an absolute tool - kept dying and suggesting ridiculous ideas. E.g. they added 3 new balls to throw so his idea was just to leave them and 'see what happened'. I explained it was highly doubtful Bungie would add something which had no objective...but by the time we all agreed we were flogging a dead horse it was gone midnight and I just went to bed in a mood.
You needed me.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair you're not completely awful. You are however massively under leveled as you refuse to do strikes!
"Completely awful." Cheers.

I don't refuse to do them, I just find them mind-numbingly boring when I'm running them on my own! I'm going to try and get some time this evening, now that the light level from Strikes has increased.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
"Completely awful." Cheers.

I don't refuse to do them, I just find them mind-numbingly boring when I'm running them on my own! I'm going to try and get some time this evening, now that the light level from Strikes has increased.
I did 3 or 4 last night, and got up from 366 to 370. Piece of piss!

White APE
Finally got the thorn quest yesterday evening. Hammered through it last night. Mayhem clash sure made quick work of the void crucible kills! Just need to find a bloody skeleton key for the final step now!

White APE
Oh, also found this which some may fond of use.
2e119bd5f0461fe68102861677432af0.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
To me the activities should be structured so that there are fewer to get up to max light. Going from 310 to 320 took about 3 months so maybe that was a bit extreme, but going from 335 to 400 seems to easy. I was on 385 for about 2 weeks before the cap was increased. Admittedly I probably play too much but still!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
To me the activities should be structured so that there are fewer to get up to max light. Going from 310 to 320 took about 3 months so maybe that was a bit extreme, but going from 335 to 400 seems to easy. I was on 385 for about 2 weeks before the cap was increased. Admittedly I probably play too much but still!
Probably? You're one step away from becoming Highborn

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Just logged in to have a gander. Still haven't done the raid, these strikes are doing my head in now!

White APE
You can do the raid now. I did it at mid 360s. Archons forge is your friend to level up. Running the raid and nightfall I went up 7 light levels in 2 hours!

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha. Until challenge mode yeah!
I will just do it until I get all the armour for the shader - got the pulse rifle (3 times!) so not bothered about any other weapons, although I think I've got them all now!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. Until challenge mode yeah!
I will just do it until I get all the armour for the shader - got the pulse rifle (3 times!) so not bothered about any other weapons, although I think I've got them all now!
Have you blocked me or set yourself as online? I haven't seen you on! Got 2 characters above 370 now, still haven't finished the raid though. Or done it, in fact.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes blocked you mate as I hate you! No not been on much this weekend and think I might be showing as offline - might explain why no one invited me to party :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes blocked you mate as I hate you! No not been on much this weekend and think I might be showing as offline - might explain why no one invited me to party 😧
Thought you'd blocked me ;)

I've been on lately quite late on (I get about 3 hours of free time when the baby and the Mrs are asleep) around the time you're normally on, haven't seen you, Best etc (I know he's on holiday though). So haven't played a huge amount of Destiny given how boring it is when you play on your own. I'm also not keen on using LFG to raid, given I'm not 100% confident!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I've been on inconsistently and went on a couple of mornings instead of evenings but just not played much overall (by my usual standards anyway!)
Managed to do hard raid 3 times - 1st and 3rd time was plain sailing, 2nd time was pretty awful on Aksis. I don't know why people were saying Vosiks was hard, once you're over 390 it's a piece of piss. In fact I'd say this is the easiest hard mode raid to date - especially since it's just come out and people still are levelling up and learning it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've been on inconsistently and went on a couple of mornings instead of evenings but just not played much overall (by my usual standards anyway!)
Managed to do hard raid 3 times - 1st and 3rd time was plain sailing, 2nd time was pretty awful on Aksis. I don't know why people were saying Vosiks was hard, once you're over 390 it's a piece of piss. In fact I'd say this is the easiest hard mode raid to date - especially since it's just come out and people still are levelling up and learning it.
Yeah, the amount of people I see at 390+ suggests it's fairly accessible. To all but me, it would seem! I have this week off work too, hopefully I can get a raid or two done.

Mito Sportiva 135
Level up to 385 (which you can easily do now!) and you should be fine. Quite honestly I can't motivate myself to do normal so will just drag you through hard, like normal!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Level up to 385 (which you can easily do now!) and you should be fine. Quite honestly I can't motivate myself to do normal so will just drag you through hard, like normal!
I'm over 370 on my Warlock and my Hunter (strangely) - I know if I keep running strikes I tend to go up a light level every 2/3 strikes. That's 30-45 strikes, I'm not sure I have that motivation either!