ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser - implications of not replacing?

clio 182 FF silver
Just wondered what were the implications of delaying a dephaser pulley change were - if you can stand the embarrassment of your car sounding like a diesel!
- any knock on damage to other components?
- effect on performance?
- effect on fuel consumption?

Thanks

Mine is really noisy and has started to squeak as well. Car still runs great just dies sometimes upon first start up.
As far as in aware from reading in here it's fine to run with a shot dephaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just wondered what were the implications of delaying a dephaser pulley change were - if you can stand the embarrassment of your car sounding like a diesel!
- any knock on damage to other components?
- effect on performance?
- effect on fuel consumption?

Thanks

If its badly work then it will effect performance as it doesnt advance far enough, but economy should be ok as the lambda will trim to compensate.

Ive not heard of one actually fail yet, but they do get REALLY noisey eventually.

HBT 172 Cup
Dan@519 recently found out that the noise of the dephaser can false trigger the knock sensor, therefore pulling some timing out of the map, resulting in a drop in power.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dan@519 recently found out that the noise of the dephaser can false trigger the knock sensor, therefore pulling some timing out of the map, resulting in a drop in power.

A drop in power at what point?

As when you are accelerating the paddles lock out from the load on them anyway, so you dont normally get any noise during accelerating, which is when you actually want the power anyway.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Wasn't my observation initially actually, but yes it did it, and yet is was completely shot. had been rattling for 40k and replacement brought the power back.