ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decoder ring fitting?

Monaco 172
hi im having these exact problems as someone else had...(copied and pasted)

"Went to start it this morning - Process was like this:

Turn key and starter motor gives 7 or 8 turns and then stops - Not so much as a splutter from the engine.

Turn ignition off and try again - Same.

Got out of car locked up and unlocked again - Tried again - Same.

The number of times the starter motor turns before it stops feels like it's supposed to do it - Perhaps to stop you burning it out?"

ive changed both key batteries now. seems to start fine and the car is locking and unlocking.

it is also now starting, but what i want to know is, to fit a new decoder ring is it

A> hard? and

B> need done on a computer?

thanks.

Monaco 172
no mention of this sensor at reno this morning, does exactly as above.

also want to know today so if need be i can go and get ones first thing in the morning or this afternoon. only problem is its 70+vat and cant take it back if thats not the problem.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Its a possibility pete but wouldnt have anything to do with the immob, if the red light is flashing when you turn the key its an immob issue. If not then its fuse, sensor, electrical problem

Da

Less
When it stops turning over does the immob light go solid red?

If the light stays out it is not an immobiliser issue and as such I wouldn't bother with the new decoder ring.

Monaco 172
when i turn the key, it sometimes stays red till i turn the key, engine starts, goes out.

other times it goes red, then flashes, no start.

worst of it is then solid red, engine turns over, no start.

ive replaced the ring with a 2nd hand one, worked fine, and now its being a t**t again and doing the above.

any ideas? (clip computer said key not recognised and decoder ring prob)

Clio 172mk2
speak to matt black , he had loads of decoder rings , second hand but shouldnt make a difference.