ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions decisions decisions! ***NEED ALERT***

SchwepTek™
Right so I know this stinks of NEED but hey... ;)

My 182 is currently for sale as i'm bored of it, really want a black car and a new project! I thought i had found the perfect 225 that i was going to do a PX on. However, i heard back today that it got sold so it got me thinking...

I am still at uni for another 2 months and then looking to move out into my own place asap after that.

Basically I wanna know what you guys would do in my position. I want around £5.5k for my car and I have £2k in cash that I was gonna spend on the meg. I also owe £3k in student debts.

Now i have always loved black ph1s so i am now thinking about spending £2k on a ph1, £1k on mods and paying off all my debts so i am debt free for when i want to move out.

What would you do?

:)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Right so I know this stinks of NEED but hey... ;)

My 182 is currently for sale as i'm bored of it, really want a black car and a new project! I thought i had found the perfect 225 that i was going to do a PX on. However, i heard back today that it got sold so it got me thinking...

I am still at uni for another 2 months and then looking to move out into my own place asap after that.

Basically I wanna know what you guys would do in my position. I want around £5.5k for my car and I have £2k in cash that I was gonna spend on the meg. I also owe £3k in student debts.

Now i have always loved black ph1s so i am now thinking about spending £2k on a ph1, £1k on mods and paying off all my debts so i am debt free for when i want to move out.

What would you do?

:)

Great plan :approve: if i could turn back time i would be rolling in a ph1;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Easiest decision you'll ever make. Clear the debt, onto a winner. And ph1's rule.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
With the current climate it would make sense to clear the debt.. but would be a punch in the balls going down to Ph1 interior from a Ph2 in my eyes although if it was turned into some thing like middo's then go for it! the thing is one of my fav PH1 on here

Ian

Focus TDCi
If I had the money a black ph1 would be near the top of my list. My thoughts aside, I would still get the ph1 in your position pal. :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Let me make that for you ...

Ph1:
3179896867_d4bd6fac4a.jpg

or debt/bankruptcy/living on the street:
tramp_master_361x470.gif

Renaultsport 200
Do not like PH1 Clios in the slightest. They are far to dated now.

If its only going to be some sort of project though I guess it is a good start.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
do it..... debt free is the way to go. remember the day i cleared my loan was the best feeling...

3k in student debt! Thats nothing mate!

If you were dead set in getting a megane, then do it I say, assuming you can afford to run it of course!

172FF iceburg silver
How about i do you a swap? ill take your 182 and 2 grand and you can have my 275bhp Leon Cupra R ;) its black and FAST

What you think? lol :clown:

I could send you some pics if your interested....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I did a simlar thing alittle ago, hense why I dont have a newer car at present. Black ph1's are fooking sexual! You might well need a new hundred plus to sort it out once you get it though coz no doubt a car that old depending on the owner will need a few things doing to it im sure.

I had 6k from selling my FRP Fiesta ZS a while ago, I got a well looked after 106 GTI for around 3k, paid off 2k debt and ended up spending nearly all the rest on fixing the 106 :/ Quaility car though, handles so nicely as standard and Pugsports rule! :)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Wow, still at Uni! How did you manage to get a 182 and have savings as well!

I'm in £6,500 debt, with not a penny to my name, and I'm nearly finished college. No new car for me! Heh.

But yeah I'd definitely clear the debt whilst you can. Plus a stealth ph1 isn't too bad either!!!

BG182®
A car pleases most men and women but clearing a debt is a much better relief and feeling off your shoulders. Debt first, then car. :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
plus on the megane front, another year with the new one out and prices of the current one will go through the floor...

You cant afford a 225 if you have debt...

Seriously, I sold my Clio, paid the tiny debt off I had, put the rest into savings for house deposit, and now I'm rolling in a 306, debt free and buying a house. I'd love an R26, but it can wait 6 months or so.

Clear it, it's an awesome feeling - and ph1's are the best, I'm considering one.

BG182®
You cant afford a 225 if you have debt...

Seriously, I sold my Clio, paid the tiny debt off I had, put the rest into savings for house deposit, and now I'm rolling in a 306, debt free and buying a house. I'd love an R26, but it can wait 6 months or so.

Clear it, it's an awesome feeling - and ph1's are the best, I'm considering one.

That's pretty much what I did too.

Had a small debt when I had my 206GTi and really wanted to get hold of a 182. Instead I waited, paid off my debt, sold the 206 then bought a 182 and got a small place with the GF.

Patience its the key. Temptation is the devil :cool:

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Debt free is the way to go chap...... unless I decide to sell my 225 :)

I'd sort yourself out and get settled first, then see what your living expenses are.

I stayed with the 172 for abit while saving for a house and was very tempted to by a brand new R26. Very glad I didn't as 07 plates are dirt cheap at the moment.

I waited untill I got my house, then pretty much straight away sold the bike and car and bought new ones.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
clear debt and keep the 182 or get a PH1
but if you sell your RB for 5k and get a ph1 for say 3k and spend 1-2k on it, theree is no point ust keep ur RB.

WR1 impreza
I think id be looking at keeping the 182 and using the saved 2k to pay most of the debt off. With interest rates as they are your better paying off debt than saving anyway.

Also at least you know your 182, you may end up buying a nail that needs endless amounts spending on it. IMO of course lol

Tom

White R26/Stripped Valver
You only live once and life is short.

Ive just come out of uni with 10k+ student debt and had the same dilemma buy car or pay off debt. Why waste my money paying off a debt, I thought what if I never have the chance again? So I bought the R26 and Im glad I did it. Plus my student loan repayments are about £20 a month. Do what will make you happy.

Think about it...