ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat on 1.2 with prospeed?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Riiight,

Just wondering what pro-speed cat backs sound like on 1.2's with decats? Reason I ask, is I'm picking up a 2nd hand prospeed cat back tomorrow, then charlie at prospeed is fitting it for me, and I'm undecieded wether to ask him to do me a de-cat too. I mean as I'm there I was thinking I might aswel, but wasn't sure how the exhaust would sound (I dont want it too raspy). Does anyone have a de-cat on a 1.2 prospeed cat back? if so how does it sound? Vids would be good!

Cheers!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Also kinda pointless for a 1.2 tbh, will just cause lots of extra noise.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Plenty of people on here have decats on 1.2's, I posted a thread a while back as to what effects they have (why you cant get them at k-tec) and they all said it was bull and they've never had any problems :S.

And yeah it's not really for power gains, as there are 0 power gains to be had on a 1.2, but I dont see it to be any different to getting an uprated air filter or stainless cat back. my 1.2's all for the looks tbh, being a rep and all.

Was really just wondering what the sound difference is on prospeed systems as I know they're pretty popular!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Had no problems here. Occasionally it idles really low but doesn't stall and a dab of the throttle sorts it out again.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Had no problems here. Occasionally it idles really low but doesn't stall and a dab of the throttle sorts it out again.

Mine does that sometime anyway :rasp: lol

do you think it's worth having?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Bit louder, sounds nicer and a few little pops. Performance wise can't say I've noticed a difference. But if you want a nice sounding 1.2 then yeah go for it.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
crikey that does sound good! same 'zorst that I'm getting by the look of it.

providing charlies got time to knock me one up I'll be getting the de-cat tomorrow!

does anyone have the code reader thing to turn off the warning light? lol

EDIT:

because this cost me £0, not £220 that prospeed want for a 1.2 decat, or powerflow etc

shitttt, if it's that much I cant afford it lol, I'll ask anyway :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
£220 won't be for a decat, that would be for a system.

Decat would cost anywhere between £40 and £70 I would have thought. I've done what f0xy done.. smashed the insides. Took about 10 minutes to get absolutely everything out and then whack it back on. Simples. :)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
thought it sounded abit steep tbh!

I would do that but then what happens MOT time? lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
exhausts need to be left alone on 1.2s, just a sports backbox sounds a joke let alone a decat, better off standard.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
thought it sounded abit steep tbh!

I would do that but then what happens MOT time? lol
Get another cat. Probably cheaper doing it that way than having someone fabricate a decat pipe.

AliBailey88 said:
exhausts need to be left alone on 1.2s, just a sports backbox sounds a joke let alone a decat, better off standard.
Each to their own ;) A majority of 1.2 owners want a new exhaust...

clio mk1 phase 3
ive got a mk1 clio and im getting a de-cat off a mate, plus im gettin engine conversion to the 1.8 valver so should sound awesome once all done :)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

I'm sure the guys on the lambo owners club forums would say the same about modding a 182! modding a car and getting it how you want it is a hobby, regardless of the engine size. everyone has to start somewhere! :)

I had a 'decat' on my prospeed on the Mk2...

1.2 doesnt run properly without the cat, hence why theres not a decat avaliable for it

Mine was 100% fine, the only reason it can not run properly is if you have a dodgy lambda sensor. The cat is only a filter, and if the lambda sensor after the cat is getting a bad reading, the ecu may adjust itself slightly causing it to run slightly different. Ive never heard of it being a problem on anyones yet though!

£220 won't be for a decat, that would be for a system.

Decat would cost anywhere between £40 and £70 I would have thought. I've done what f0xy done.. smashed the insides. Took about 10 minutes to get absolutely everything out and then whack it back on. Simples. :)

£220 was the quote for the decat ;) he does systems for quite a bit more.

It was that price as its an awkward shape and he had never done one before at that point (late 07)...He does them for around £100 now IIRC, although, most exhaust places would probably knock you one up for that price too.

My old Mk2 with decat+prospeed - http://www.vimeo.com/1113325

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Cheers for that mate, I've deceided to get a de-cat made up after MOT, cba to do it now for a few months only to take it off again!