ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

debadging

I think ph1 badges are stuck on iirc, I have a ph2 and they were clipped in place, easiest thing you can do is have a little pull and if they don't move at all there more than likely stuck on, the clipped ones tend to move a little :)

220 Trophy
Noooooooo don’t do it………. Unfortunately two of the three (The Clio and one of the other two) have pins in the back to fit into holes in the boot.

I tried this, buggered the badges taking them off, found there were holes with then the only option to buy new badges again!

Definitely would look better if you were planning on re-spraying the boot and could fill the holes, otherwise unfortunately you’ll have to leave them on.

(Just noticed you have a van, not sure if it’s the same as my hatchback?)

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi guys i got a 52 plate 172 and there are no pins holding the renault and sport badage but there are pins holding the clio badage bit on. I took all mine off yesterday just to clean inbetween the letters Hope this helps

Bing

clio mk2 van
alright lads, yeah undid the inside of the boot (good idea -Danman-) and could feel two screws up underneath, so would look stupid with the badge off. may see my mate who owns a bodyshop to see if they could fill in and spray the holes, reckon it would tidy up the back end!

cheers again.

No worries mate, I was gonna do the same but ended up spraying the badge black because of the holes :p doesn't look to bad :)

IMG_2478.jpg

Get some pictures up if you get the holes filled and sprayed :)

Ill be honest with you mate I screwed up the painting (it was my first hand at spray painting, and painting a car for that matter) So I screwed it up. If I was to do anything different I wouldn't have masked off the area when I did the filling, as it's created sharp lines where the paint doesn't match.

I would have sprayed the whole boot lid,
  • Rub the paint on the boot lid right back until it's no longer shiny (800 grit Emery Cloth)
  • Mask off all areas where you don't want paint. Clean the area thoroughly for the painting process.
  • Spray the boot lid with a coat of primer leave to dry for 24 hours then flat smooth (1000 Grit then clean off any dust)
  • Spray with the colour of your choice leaving 24 hours between each coat (recommended time) also flat between each coat (smooth off any imperfections this time using 1200 grit and plenty of water I put a bit of washing up liquid in just to lubricate it).
  • I would go for 6 layers of paint just for quality, now on your final layer (the 6th coat) leave it half an hour to go tacky then spray with a good quality lacquer so it becomes super shiny, making sure to take your time you dont want to screw it up at this stage or youll have to start again.
Thats with a rattle can anyway. Many people have different methods it's all personal choice

Nick

(Just for the record, I spray painted that spoiler on my car I used 1 layer of primer (that I never flatted) and 4 coats of paint (with half an hour between each coat) I should have dont the above though. It does look good and shiny (there is no lacquer on it) but it has tiny imperfections in it that im not happy with.

DCI100
Sound mate that's ideal I've done a bit of painting before so in not to worried, just never done paint matching before .:) hopefully it comes out alright

clio mk 2 5 door
i want to take the clio badge off and spray it black. would i have to get new pins to put it back on or will they be alright to put them straight back in
cheers

220 Trophy
i want to take the clio badge off and spray it black. would i have to get new pins to put it back on or will they be alright to put them straight back in
cheers

If you take the badge off carefully and don’t bend it you will be able to pop it back on no problem after spraying, from what I remember the ‘Clio’ badge is’nt stuck on, it’s only held on by the two pins.

The ‘Renault’ and ‘Sport’ badges are stuck on from what I remember.

I took my Clio badge off when I sprayed mine black. Think the easiest way to remove it is from the inside of the boot lid. Just pull off the black plastic trim (its only held on by about 8 clips which won't break) :) this way your Clio badge isn't going to snap or the pins wont snap. Just get a flat headed screwdriver and push the pins put instead of pulling at them. Clips back into place perfectly :)

clio mk 2 5 door
I took my Clio badge off when I sprayed mine black. Think the easiest way to remove it is from the inside of the boot lid. Just pull off the black plastic trim (its only held on by about 8 clips which won't break) :) this way your Clio badge isn't going to snap or the pins wont snap. Just get a flat headed screwdriver and push the pins put instead of pulling at them. Clips back into place perfectly :)

thanks for the advice will give it a go tonight. is it the same for the diamonds or are they just stuck on. i want to carbon wrap both front and back
:)

thanks for the advice will give it a go tonight. is it the same for the diamonds or are they just stuck on. i want to carbon wrap both front and back
:)

No worries :) The front diamond is held on with 3 clips, really easy to pull off. Some people say the clips are really fragile but I never had any problems, just use something to lever it off with.

The back diamond however is a pig to get off :( Once you've opened the boot and took the plastic trim off you'll see the wiper motor. You need to unscrew this (3 nuts) and then you will be able to take off the plastic boot handle which surrounds the boot release. The diamond is bonded on with 4 plastic clips. You do have to break these clips to get it off :/ once I carbon wrapped it I just used clear silicone to stick the diamond back in place :)

clio mk 2 5 door
No worries :) The front diamond is held on with 3 clips, really easy to pull off. Some people say the clips are really fragile but I never had any problems, just use something to lever it off with.

The back diamond however is a pig to get off :( Once you've opened the boot and took the plastic trim off you'll see the wiper motor. You need to unscrew this (3 nuts) and then you will be able to take off the plastic boot handle which surrounds the boot release. The diamond is bonded on with 4 plastic clips. You do have to break these clips to get it off :/ once I carbon wrapped it I just used clear silicone to stick the diamond back in place :)

Sounds like a bit of a b**ch to get the back one off. I want to try and carbon wrap both but may have to rethink. Thanks for the info though mate :)

clio mk 2 5 door

Took of both diamonds tonight. Broke one of the pins on the front but that's alright. The back I'm going to leave the diamond in the boot handle and just mask around it then spray. Wasn't actually too bad taking the boot release off although now I have to take down the back seats to get to the boot while I spray. Think the primer is a nice shade. May jus lacquer over the top ha
Thanks for the advice bud