ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dealer service c**k up, update!

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Posted on here yesterday about the local main dealer cocking up my service by leaving the oil filler cap, thus decorating my engine bay in oil!

Went in today all guns blazing, got fobbed off by the women on the desk, not really interested but she got the technician who serviced my car to come and have a word with me. Anyway he ambled out to the car, sprayed a bit of brake cleaner around the engine bay, give it a quick polish with a dirty rag, no word of apology, no chit chat just an arsey tech who made me feel an arsehole for complaining about his work. He only topped up the oil again after i prompted him. Anyway after this display of customer service i lost it and went back into the service area, asked to speak to the service manager. I tore him an new arsehole for want of a better expression.

Long story short, the car is recieving a engine bay valet tomorrow and ive been offered a 10% discount on any parts I want or a discount off my next service and on top of that the service manager said and i quote "let me put it this way, after this display there is no chance hell service your car next time, hell be in my office in 5 mins" leading me to believe the bloke is about to be sacked!!

Dont know weather to feel happy or annoyed with the days events and despite the guy being a grade one nobhead id feel a bit guilty if he does get the sack, we all drop a boner once in a while!

Thoughts or comments appreciated.

big red bus

What if he gets the sack and was ahonest hard workign person trying to make some money for his family?

or was he a git who just pissed around?

:)

f**k him. Should be more careful and stop to think!

Maybe if he had apologised and you felt it truly was an accident then might feel differently

BMW 118d

Thats Dixons technicians for you, lol!! Oh and was the lady on the service reception slightly on the large side?! If so, she is a right cow!! Cant stand her!!

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 13 June 2005

f**k him. Should be more careful and stop to think!

Maybe if he had apologised and you felt it truly was an accident then might feel differently
So True, If i c**k up at work i would appologise! and admit to it as i could be putting someones life in danger!

Clio 182 FF & Cups

It wasnt the large lady, she was too busy eating choclates when i arrived! (no joke). Service manager was spot on, shame the rest of the work force dont seem to give a toss. Hes only a young lad so i doubt he has a family to keep, then again the average hull person has four kids to three different people by that age so i suppose he might.

Dixons are Sh1t, I had no end of trouble, Pocklingtons of Louth are great, do what they say with no messing around.

Dont worry about anyone being sacked it will never happen its all show.

CTR

Wouldnt feel guilty at all. If I couldnt do my job properly AND managed to p*ss off customers at the same time, Id be sacked no questions asked.

Just a matter of time before it happened - only bad luck was that it was your car that couldve been f*cked up if you hadnt noticed it quickly.