ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci sport or 182?

Black gold 182
the question has been posed, atm i am in a tiny little 02 dynamique and looking to grow :) not really sure on the dci but a lot of people like them? answers please :)
Deano

Rusty Cup
I would say Dci sounds like a natural progression. My 182 cost me lots of money to run, maintain and fix. A tuned Dci 100 will go like stink and hold its value far better than a 172/182.

DCi 100
I went from a 1.2 to a DCi100, had it 18 months and done 20k in it now. Nothings really gone wrong with it, can't fault it tbh. Depends what you want it for really. Mine does 4/500 miles a week easily on 55/60mpg.

Black gold 182
tbh i think if i got in a 182 i would end up wrapping myself round a lamp post sooner or later a dci seems a lot more sensible more fuel effective and as you daid can go jusy as fast :) the only thing is veing a diesel how do they sound? also i dont really know what to look at...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
after owning 2 172's and 2 mk2 dci's id have another dci100 in a heartbeat but not another 172, depends what your looking for in a car though.

i done about 30k hard miles in my dci100, 20k of them remapped at 130hp / 190lbft and had a right giggle in it! abused some much more powerful cars and never had a single mechanical failure until the clutch started slipping at 75k so i traded it in for a GT DCi 106

DCi 80 DieselSport
I've very recently gone from a 172 Cup to a DCi80 and can honestly say that day-to-day the only difference is the mpg. Yes the diesel lacks the top end power and is more scared of hills; but it's certainly not slow!

I have no doubt I'll get another RS at some point but as a stepping stone you won't regret it.

Chocolate Orange 172
I would also say it all depends what you are looking for, personally I would go for a 182 but that's just me!

LY 200
Absolutely no contest.

If you want to move into the hot hatch market you won't go better than a 182 which in reality isn't that costly to run if you get a gooden and look after it.

If you're happy pottering about in an everyday more economical car (iv tried this after years with RS's and am struggling) then happy days go for the DCi but really does depend on you're wants from a car.

320d
If you can afford a 182 then get a 182, if not then get the dci.

The 182 can do everything the dci can do, and much more. It will just cost more.

If you can afford a 182 then get a 182, if not then get the dci.

The 182 can do everything the dci can do, and much more. It will just cost more.

this

some people run their 182's for f**k all, others like me seem to spend at least £100 a month on replacement parts. Make sure you look for a good one.

DCi 80 DieselSport
^ agree'd

Some people can run them for fcuk all.

Just factor in the £245 (?) per year tax (compared to £20 in the DCi) and dearer insurance.

If that's all OK then it's a no-brainer.