ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dCi 65 stalling problem??!

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
Hi all,

I have a 2002 dCi 65, fitted dCi80 hoses with a dCi 100 intercooler, clean K&N air filter, diesel filter changed last month.

Have had the car about two years, did have a hot-start problem cured by refurbing injector no.4 (found in a leak-off test), have also had a new fuel pressure regulator fitted under warranty.

Under sustained 3/4 or full throttle (overtaking, etc) I will get warning lights up on the dash with no drop in performance? I can only assume this is some sort of fuel starvation...

Last Summer the car will stall when driving 60-ish, just cut out with no warning lights before, starting straight back up again on the key? Was only twice it did it so wasn't overly concerned - but it did make my to-do list. ;)

The last week this stalling has become more common, the other Thursday it managed it 4 times on my 13 mile A-road commute, either cruising at 60 or slowing for roundabouts? The car starts fine first turn so I am assuming good pump pressure & TDC sensor. :)

This stalling is damned inconvenient not to mention dangerous, it will restart easily whilst still rolling by pushing the clutch in/key off & on/clutch back out for a rolling bumpstart but I dare'nt take the thing on any distance, especially not the motorway!

All fuel lines look good with no trapped air, injector return lines are good, have removed and cleaned up the earth lead connections, fuel tank doesnt appear imploded/hiss when I remove the filler cap, all wiring appears good, always plenty of fuel in the tank.

I need the car for work & this is driving me nuts. :(

It has done 102K, I have been spannering all my life & religiously check all levels/oil changes etc - the EGR is superclean, when cruising at a steady speed sometimes the engine will flutter/hunt but not lose speed?

Im thinking the engine is losing rail pressure. 102K is a lot for a small car & the fuel pump is my first suspect, it certainly wouldnt hurt to fit a new one anyways what with the poor lubricating qualities of todays sh!tty diesel?

Borrowed my Neighbours handheld diagnostic reader in the week and got the following codes:

P0711(pd) transmission

B0500 (pd) performance

Confusing as a quick google on P0711 gives a high automatic transmission fluid temperature. The car is needless to say a manual...

Bizarre. Anyone??
:S:S

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It really needs CLIP time mate as they give so much more info with regards to DCi faults and engine statuses than any other device on the market that I've seen.

Personally I think you may be right with it being a fuel pressure related issue and don't believe anything P code related on these vehicles. Would really need to see it to offer any kind of real help though I'm afraid and DF codes are for the win.

Mick

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Get it on the clip machine mate. Seen this problem before and it can be from alsorts.

Last one that we had in the garage, was down to a clogged EGR valve and fuel rail problems

i seriously doubt its millage related if its had a good service over its life time. Thiers one dci even still sweet as a nut with 400k miles on the clocks.

Might be something simple but you do really need to get a clip on it. Either dimond motors or one of the other lads will sort you out bud

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
FIXED! The aircon pressure sensor lead in front of the aux belt/bottom pulley was blowing back against the pulley at high speed... bareing off the insulation & shorting the wires against the pulley.

When the car cut out it would slow down and the wires would return to their former position, allowing instant restarting of the car.

Its always something simple, and in this case cost me some tape & a ziptie.
icon_e_biggrin.gif