ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI 100 Glow Plug Light, Engine Management and Stop Light

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Hi all,

I have a fault with my DCI 100. I have only noticed it when in 5th gear and full throttle. The car gets to around 3500 rpm and then the glow plug light, engine management light and stop light will flash a couple of times for about 1-2 seconds at a time and then go off.

I haven't noticed any real lack in power or anything like that. I did loose some MPG but I used some of that diesel fuel additive on two tanks and the MPG has gone up a few.

Also since having the fault I have put in some wynns diesel injector cleaner but that is currently going through the tank now.

Anyone have any suggestions to what it is?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Fuel pump usually does that. Me and mike/mick from MWM both had it in 5th with load or going for it, it would flash thoses lights and log ' low rail pressure ' as the fault.

Ive changed mine as IMO catch it early, no messy fuel system( if it hasn't already spat s**t out )

other than that , check all the injectors are in good health with a leak back test.

What millage?

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Fuel pump usually does that. Me and mike/mick from MWM both had it in 5th with load or going for it, it would flash thoses lights and log ' low rail pressure ' as the fault.

Ive changed mine as IMO catch it early, no messy fuel system( if it hasn't already spat s**t out )

other than that , check all the injectors are in good health with a leak back test.

What millage?

God sake knew I should have kept the fuel pump from the other derv I broke.

I have put it on my mates snap on diagnostic yet. I did think it may be injector related but im hoping that is not the case.

whats a leak back test?

Mileage is about 81,000.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Leak back test is taking the returns of the injectors and putting each one into a cup( or bottle ) them running the car to see which leaks back the most. Usually the really bad one with be filling what ever up allot more than the others

Clio
i`ve had that problem on my dci 85, the problem was a wire from the plug of this part
1.jpg

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Still not sorted. have since removed all the injectors. stripped them down and ultrasonically cleaned them. This worked perfectly and pushed the fault further up the rev range and in 5th only so wasn't bad.

Since then MPG has decreased
Fault light is coming on more frequently
starting from hot is an absolute joke.

Going to look at getting them refurbed with components being replaced. not sure if they will need to be recoded.

Anyone know how it works and what equipment is needed. Would like to avoid Renault for obvious reasons ££££££'s

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
got all 4injectors refurbed and it was fine. 2 were worse than others but chose to get them all done In one hit as it was quite likely that the other two would go.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mapped dci 100 done this in 5th when flat out too, the fuel pump was just at its limit, on a standard one it would probably be a sign of the pump being past its best, as said above id change it before it goes and gets ££££

Renault Clio
Hi all,

I have a fault with my DCI 100. I have only noticed it when in 5th gear and full throttle. The car gets to around 3500 rpm and then the glow plug light, engine management light and stop light will flash a couple of times for about 1-2 seconds at a time and then go off.

I haven't noticed any real lack in power or anything like that. I did loose some MPG but I used some of that diesel fuel additive on two tanks and the MPG has gone up a few.

Also since having the fault I have put in some wynns diesel injector cleaner but that is currently going through the tank now.

Anyone have any suggestions to what it is?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Hi,
Did you solve the problem? What did fix it?
I'm having the same problem on my Renault Clio DCI 65.
High pressure fuel pump was replaced, car works ok but when driving hard the stop+engine+glow plug lights turn on and disappear 2 seconds after...
Before pump replacement it was also, sometimes, difficult to start the engine.