ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
f**k!
Definitely a wagons tail end caught that.
Lol at supposedly causing such a huge buckle in a pot hole.

Thats seriously s**t mate. Especially on such a loved car...

Yeah I agree completely. it's a massive f**king ballache!

Gutted to see, not what you want when you come home.

At least it's not done too much damage to the paintwork, everything else is hopefully just bolting new bits on although hopefully it's just the wheel. Fair old force gone into that though

I was thinking that, I would be massively bummed if all the side of the car was scratched.

That's pretty random. If it's a lorry probably didn't even realise it, you'd like to think anyway. If not then some people are just thoughtless c**nts.

As an aside what do you do to fix the headlight condensation? My drivers side one keeps doing it which is annoying :angry:

I used some of those silicone gel pack things you get in shoes. Attached them to the wires on the headlight inside.

Sorry to see this Dan, whatever has happened its s**t, I hope you get it sorted asap mate 😧

Same Tom.

That's really s**t Dan!

But I know you'll get it sorted asap. Just a shame you have to really...

Because some moron didn't have a decent bone in their body.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, your comments mean a lot :)

gutted for you, but not the best place to park in hindsight danny boy

I know, I really should have moved back a bit to be honest.

Well that's s**t Dan 😧 it was looking great!

Hopefully it's easily sorted!

Thanks mate.

Cars looking really good mate shame about what happened to your wheel 😧
Just a matter of interest where did you get your sun strip from looks good and I need to get one for mine :smile:
Cheers

I got it from Steph Foster on CSOC facebook mate, top quality vinyl too. I would recommend getting some 3M felt squeegees too from eBay as they really help and don't score the vinyl.
At least it's a cheap and easy fix mate, I'd rather replace a wheel/tyre than have some bodywork done!

Definitely!

Hopefully the rear beam, and the studs/nuts are all okay too mate

I think the rear beam or stub is bent :( man maths is kicking in already though and I will polybush the rear beam if I get a new one whilst it's all out.

I'm probably super paranoid but I'd hate to leave my car on a road like that, seems pretty busy.

Bit of a s**t deal.

If it was a lorry I doubt he would have even noticed, I have pulled gates off before and not realised.

True, cheers for all the comments guys.

In other news I just had a job interview at the University working as a senior automotive technician. Really really enjoyed it to say it was an interview. I find out today.

Also received my shaft for the gearstick mod. This is how it will look. 17mm shaft collar for the lift up reverse. Think it's going to look good, will probably powdercoat the shaft black or spray it.

27497663685_40c8f53577_b.jpg
20160606_112202 by dann2707, on Flickr

Going to use another shaft collar for the lift up reverse as it's very very similar diameter, just figuring out a way to attach the steel rope to the shaft collar.

27463367456_8a71568d9f_b.jpg
20160606_112226 by dann2707, on Flickr

Going to get some more steel wire, with more of these connections for the bottom, but crimp the other side to a hole crimp, screw that onto the grub screw of the shaft collar.

Pic i've just drawn now should crudely show what I mean

27464052866_12a1a0546d_b.jpg
2016-06-06_12-37-21 by dann2707, on Flickr

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Checked the surrounding CCTV and no one points at me. Plus no-one around here would sift through the footage for me anyway I bet, it's a proper s**t area.

On a right downer tonight as I don't think it's going to be sorted in time for CSF.

Need to get a wheel or two. My offset of 40 is properly rare. I would be willing to get two wheels with different offsets to my ET, as they'll be wider and can run them on the back as that would look good.

If people can look out for some Team dynamic pro race 1.2 15" for me that would be great

Width = 7J
Offset = 40
Size = 15"

I'm bummed out as I put so much effort into this car for someone to do that and me having to fork the bill it's a proper s**t situation.

Wheel ~ £50-£140 ish
Powder coating = £30
Tyre = £20
New rear beam maybe or stub axle, finding one etc = £50

Then fitting it all and getting it sorted, a few weeks.

Definitely might be looking at getting a refund for CSF as it's not looking good 😧

Got updated search on, on gumtree and ebay for the above.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Did you sell your old wheels Dan?

Its s**t mate, I know the feeling of bad luck, it makes you think what's the point :(

Good luck mate I will keep an eye out and ask about for the wheels for you.

Last edited:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Checked the surrounding CCTV and no one points at me. Plus no-one around here would sift through the footage for me anyway I bet, it's a proper s**t area.

On a right downer tonight as I don't think it's going to be sorted in time for CSF.

Need to get a wheel or two. My offset of 40 is properly rare. I would be willing to get two wheels with different offsets, as they'll be wider and can run them on the back as that would look good.

If people can look out for some Team dynamic pro race 1.2 15" for me that would be great

Width = 7J
Offset = 40
Size = 15"

I'm bummed out as I put so much effort into this car for someone to do that and me having to fork the bill it's a proper s**t situation.

Wheel ~ £50-£140 ish
Powder coating = £30
Tyre = £20
New rear beam maybe or stub axle, finding one etc = £50

Then fitting it all and getting it sorted, a few weeks.

Definitely might be looking at getting a refund for CSF as it's not looking good 😧

Got updated search on, on gumtree and ebay for the above.
There's a beam and stub axles in the for sale section now mate. Beam is in Wigan

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Did you sell your old wheels Dan?

Its s**t mate, I know the feeling of bad luck, it makes you think what's the point 😧

Good luck mate I will keep an eye out and ask about for the wheels for you.

It really does mate and you've had your fair share with your turbo. Glad it's all sorted now dude. Also... just bought a drill so lets sort out your manifold soon?

There's a beam and stub axles in the for sale section now mate. Beam is in Wigan

Thanks buddy. Going to get it on wheel alignment first to see if it's damaged. Wonder if the arb might have helped taking the impact.

Can always borrow my F1's for the time being/CSF if you want Dan? They're all balanced up and ready to go.

Mate that's such a kind offer, i'll keep searching for wheels for the time being but if I don't find anything closer to the time i'll take you up on that. Thank you.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I saw your wheel post on Facebook but didn't realise it was you! I didn't comment as it was already full of s**t from the knob heads. It looks real nasty, but 6" over and you'd be looking at a new back end altogether, if not a new car. Good luck getting it sorted pal.

RB Clio 182
It really does mate and you've had your fair share with your turbo. Glad it's all sorted now dude. Also... just bought a drill so lets sort out your manifold soon?

Thanks Dan, I sorted the manifold, I bought a new breather plate and its this that top inlet bolts to which the bolt holes were knackered, so its all hunky dory now mate but thanks for the offer :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dan, I sorted the manifold, I bought a new breather plate and its this that top inlet bolts to which the bolt holes were knackered, so its all hunky dory now mate but thanks for the offer :smile:

Glad you got it sorted mate. Are you going to CSF this year? I hope so!

Someone has just posted a video from Curby a few months back.

Well happy with how planted the car looks going around the bends! i'm at 1:52

Fiesta ST
Mate that's proper shite what's happened like 😞

Hopefully it was good news from your interview though!

Next time you's all do a run out around York/Leeds/Moors i'll nip down again

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks!

Made more progress tonight after work. Wish I had access to a lathe for making the holes concentric and for tapping.

Started with the inner shaft extension, 50mm longer part in a vice, drilled and tapped for a grub screw which is going to screw into my gearstick.

26958184214_4fb262fa22_b.jpg
20160609_171825 by dann2707, on Flickr

27468990732_b998aaeaae_b.jpg
20160609_175657 by dann2707, on Flickr

I then pressed the tube that's going under the pivot point in a press for the desired angle of the gearstick.

27468999582_fa081fb18e_b.jpg
20160609_192432 by dann2707, on Flickr

How it's going to look under the car.

27469013892_2a76e6276a_b.jpg
20160609_200730 by dann2707, on Flickr

I then drilled holes in it for it to attach to my original gearstick. I've decided i'm not going to be using a grub screw to hold it to my gearstick and instead im going to tap holes in the gearstick and simply bolt it instead. Seems more secure that way.

Astra H 1.8 SRi
Car looks lush, big shame about the same to the wheel!
With the stick, was you going to be just tightening up the grub screw to keep it in place? As you say, drilling and tapping through both the gearstick and your extension, then bolting will be much more secure and stronger.
Saw Solidworks and got excited. Miss being able to use Solidworks, costs way to much to justify tinkering though!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
That first picture looks like you've put a vice in your kitchen, I'm thinking your landlords not going to like that that! Until I scrolled down.

Interested to see the finished gear stick, it's good to see someone trying to do something properly.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks lush, big shame about the same to the wheel!
With the stick, was you going to be just tightening up the grub screw to keep it in place? As you say, drilling and tapping through both the gearstick and your extension, then bolting will be much more secure and stronger.
Saw Solidworks and got excited. Miss being able to use Solidworks, costs way to much to justify tinkering though!

Thanks Kyle, appreciate the comment!

Yeah I was going to use four grub screws overall then using locking nylocs on them to hold it (also drilling a very small location hole in the gearstick) but i've always had it in the back of my head that it's going to work itself loose.

Going to tap the gearstick, put the bolt through and tighten that then have the bolt ever so slightly longer than the OD of the extension so I can then put a nut on it to keep it locked in place. Sounds much better do you think?

That first picture looks like you've put a vice in your kitchen, I'm thinking your landlords not going to like that that! Until I scrolled down.

Interested to see the finished gear stick, it's good to see someone trying to do something properly.

It really does look like it hahaha

Cheers bro, you coming CSF? track time?

Good news too, managed to source some TD's in my size, PCD, smaller offest for £150 pick up so im getting them monday.

I didn't get the job either, sucks but not the end of the world :)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It really does look like it hahaha

Cheers bro, you coming CSF? track time?
Yep I'll be at CSF, no track time for me this year but I'll be pestering people for passenger rides if you've ever got a free seat

Astra H 1.8 SRi
Thanks Kyle, appreciate the comment!

Yeah I was going to use four grub screws overall then using locking nylocs on them to hold it (also drilling a very small location hole in the gearstick) but i've always had it in the back of my head that it's going to work itself loose.

Going to tap the gearstick, put the bolt through and tighten that then have the bolt ever so slightly longer than the OD of the extension so I can then put a nut on it to keep it locked in place. Sounds much better do you think?

Just flicked back to your original paper drawing, to see about the grub screws. As you say, bolting will be a lot more secure and stronger. What size bolts you going with, M5 or...? Could also put "bond loc" on the threads of you really didn't want it going anywhere.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just flicked back to your original paper drawing, to see about the grub screws. As you say, bolting will be a lot more secure and stronger. What size bolts you going with, M5 or...? Could also put "bond loc" on the threads of you really didn't want it going anywhere.
Yeah I was thinking M5 and threadloc too! It should be complete next week.

Im picking up my wheels tomorrow!

They're in black though and a bit scruffy so not sure whether to keep them like that for a bit or get them refurbished before csf but I probably can't afford it with taking the wheels off etc etc.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So @Louis' came around today to do me a massive favour as i'm borrowing his spare wheel. Cheers again mate

I was going to go to Newcastle to pick up the new wheels but my Dad has offered to go for me which saves me money and time. So instead i'm going to collect a rear beam as I may aswell replace mine as mine looks bent to book. It drives okay though. Noticed something new though, when setting off the car is juddering like the clutch is going (it won't be as its fairly new).

I'm thinking the shunt has damaged something inside the gearbox as I always leave my car in gear no matter what. If something's been forced then that aint gooooooood.

Can sort of see it pointing in there

27016068883_24dd37c408_b.jpg
2016-06-12_05-04-27 by dann2707, on Flickr

here is more of the damaged wheel, proper f**king awful like

27595538566_6d2a5c2214_b.jpg
20160612_175650 by dann2707, on Flickr

And now i've just fitted my false floors thanks to @debussetti I think they look great!

27595533336_5663ab1e19_b.jpg
20160612_203150 by dann2707, on Flickr

27019328274_98a14c1f84_b.jpg
20160612_203630 by dann2707, on Flickr

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Floor looks good dude!

You going to CSF? I'm undecided but considering...

Thanks mate, managed to get it to fit in the end. The front panels I had to fit from teh front and slide them over the buckets. Pretty involving!

Yeah I am going dude, you should too it would be such a laugh. Can come for many passenger laps too :D

RB Clio 182
I would give it a lick of black or silver hammerite while its off, are there any more bushes you could change while its off too?