ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
everything is breaking at once :(

Snapchat-2552878686840095414_zpsn775mtrj.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me about it man haha

Atm I have, loose PMS top mounts - bearings seem dead and are wobbling
Leaking gearbox from the selector shaft despite fitting new kit
Wobbly wheels - not sure if ball joint or wheel bearings
Revving problem still persisting but going to @MicKPM on Friday
Wobbly gearstick due to worn bush under gearbox

Very annoying things to fix too!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Love this car and one of the best looking standard(ish) ones on here. Correctly lowered + v6 spoiler = even better!

Thank you Dan :D I'm glad you like it mate

I've just called powerflow exhaust near York asking them how much the hanger would cost to rectify and he said £20 so that's awesome. I'm going over today at four to fix it. Really sound guy on the phone and he's booked me in last minute so that's good.

He's also going to resleeve the exhaust up at the front where I did it as that's not fully sealed it's blowing a bit. Will get back today with pics!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Guy was an utter hero. Only charged £70 all in to weld new supports on the exhaust along with two new mounts. The exhaust was leaking ALL over too so he's patched them up for me along with sleeving the upper joint where the olive joint usually leaks. Most of it was tig work too and absolutely bossed it, such clean welds. He pissed himself laughing when he removed it as the welds were shocking before hence why a lot of it was blowing.

Car now sounds incredible, no hissy leaks anywhere and it's central as anything at the rear. The guy was called CSK fabrications in York. Just owned and run by the one guy who really took interest in the car and the mods i'd done to it. Really recommend him :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Sounds good, might need him to have a look at mine as im sure something's not right with how raspy it sounds.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I have a set of OZ F1's tucked up in the unit unused and in pretty much perfect condition in anthracite.

I'm also only in Wakefield so give me a shout if you're on the hunt Dan

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi Dan,
Im in the process of sorting my trophy spoiler out. I was looking at how the brake light attaches to the spoiler and dont know how best to fix it to the spoiler. How did you do yours? Was it just bonded or did you screw it on?
Need help asap if poss as its going in for spraying tomorrow.
BTW, you have no idea how many spray shops turned it down due to what it is made of ! finally found one that said it wouldnt be a problem, we shall see !

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent stuff. We need more people like that in the industry.

Right result mate :smile:
Tell me about it man. It was originally going to cost £20 to weld a new hanger on which I thought was ridiculously cheap as it was but we found all the other issues with it. So many black areas around the "welds" I wish I had taken some pics tbh

Sounds good, might need him to have a look at mine as im sure something's not right with how raspy it sounds.

I'd give it a go man he'll make sure it's perfect.

Good to know of someone recommended Dan might check him out. You coming to CSS? I'm on the AM track session. Probably off down the day before and going to camp.

I am mate yeah, not sure about doing track time though. Definitely camping though :D

I have a set of OZ F1's tucked up in the unit unused and in pretty much perfect condition in anthracite.

I'm also only in Wakefield so give me a shout if you're on the hunt Dan

That would have been perfect but I've got some TD 1.2's on the way now :( Cheers though!

How much you after [emoji41]

snake_1.jpg

:p :p

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ooooh nearly forgot a piccy snap.

I cleaned the interior and exterior today. Tempted to start machine polishing it soon though but it's just so f**king boring!

IMAG0178_zpsibnawpzs.jpg

IMAG0174_zps3bwadyou.jpg

Spoiler looks like a gash fitment there. Might go for a genuine one if I find one and the price is right.

Also I tried pre ordering the corbeau club sports from the cheapest site but it won't let you and the other where you can pre order is another £30 more so screw that. Coming in stock at the end of June.

Fiesta ST
Off to see a AB 182 FF this evening, high possibility I will be driving it home.
This thread has provided me with a lot of inspiration. Yours looks sublime at the mo'!
(followed you on instagram so I could stalk you more)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
No worries bud. Think I've got a guy interested in them now. Time to find some willy wheels for the phase 1.
Don't do it man, don't think it'll suit the car too much:

penis-wheel.jpg

hehe

You considered doing your A pillars in alacantara? Would finish the interior off nicely. Cheap mod too.
That's a really good shout that mate! I tried spraying them before but it all flaked off last year but every car i've tried wrapping the pillars in fabric and it has just bubbled underneath :( or it peels off in the sun. Going to look into it now though as I must be doing something wrong!

Cheers dude.

Off to see a AB 182 FF this evening, high possibility I will be driving it home.
This thread has provided me with a lot of inspiration. Yours looks sublime at the mo'!
(followed you on instagram so I could stalk you more)

Thanks a lot Ash! Always great to know who it is who's just followed me. Looking forward to seeing your car when you get it man :)

I'm currently in bed with apparent glandular fever so I think i'm going to do something i've been putting off a while and something i've always wanted to do - a complete list of modifications! Not to tot the prices up though as i'm already feeling awful haha

Fiesta ST
Thanks a lot Ash! Always great to know who it is who's just followed me. Looking forward to seeing your car when you get it man :smile:
It looks good, just hope it is actually good!

Do you not run with cruise control at all now that you have the smaller wheel?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Interior:

MOMO Boss
OMP 300mm steering wheel
Megane Scenic shifter
Yanoo stiff s**t 3.0
Richbrook gearknob
Extended throttle pedal
Dashcam fitted
Renaultsport mats

Exterior:

RS200 badge
Trophy rep spoiler
De-wiper
Bullets sprayed anthracite
172 headlights
Grill sprayed black
Smaller number plate
Fabia splitter
Cup washer blanks
Bosch Aerowipers
20mm hubcentric front spacers
10mm rear stub axle spacers
c2 shorter aerial
4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 3's

Engine and Handling:

New clutch at the start of the year
RS tuner 98 Ron map
Ramair panel filter
Powerflow cat back exhaust
Bilstein b14 coilovers
Pure motorsport solid topmounts
Eibach camber bolts
Whiteline rear anti roll bar
Black series powerflex inner ARB bush
Powerflex dogbone bush
Black series powerflex steering rack bushes
Vibratechnics solid engine mounts

That's all I can think of right now, i've most likely missed loads off and it doesn't include all the sensors changed over time!

Fiesta ST
Decent that spec, I need to start saving!

Currently sat in my mum's Juke heading to Wakefield to see this 182. Didn't realise it was near Leeds haha!