ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I saw you were giving up for the time being....this made me sad.

I then saw you had sorted it....this made me happy again.

Top work, hopefully the issue with the injectors gets sorted eventually and then you can enjoy what you have built properly :).

Went for a drive and didn't die.

IMG_20170428_205124_026_zpsjkaripnj.jpg

Sick project mate! Looks amazing!
Love the filter used in the photo, if it's not a filter then the colour the camera has picked up it sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all, really means a lot to hear your comments!

PayPal case has gone through and I've been refunded by the buyer for the injectors thank God!!!!

Tonight I had a play at modifying the original gear knob and shaft as the standard knob is absolutely massive and I'm only used to a small one...

It was also moving a bit so I've gone from...

Screenshot_2017-05-11-21-16-44_zps4wyww312.png

After a quaife style knob, a bit of chopping down, a spring and a m3 bolt I now have this.

IMG_20170511_211030_709_zps6g1cjj2n.jpg

Simply lift up the bottom bit for reverse.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Booked your mapping yet?
Not yet mate. I've bought new injectors from rs tuning that are on the way and I'm just about to strip the dash and interior and cage out so I can repaint the interior as I'm not really happy with the finish of the colour I've got now.

Ive also got a new dash to go in as mine is snapped near the steering wheel.

I need new brake discs and pads so might get those too before mapping I just need to hear back on when Chris is next free.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an update. First of all, we're on page 69 lol

Secondly, here are a few pics from the other day.

20170512_152029_zpskur1snq1.jpg

20170512_152035_zpszigveknn.jpg

20170512_152042_zpslmg4bvlx.jpg

So the next step was to get this sorted. You can see where the paint stops from when I stripped the car after painting.

20170514_153232_HDR_zpsxrqckam1.jpg

20170514_153235_zpswnat10kc.jpg

20170514_153240_zps1l6cenaf.jpg

Seats removed

20170514_160046_HDR_zps5zfglov7.jpg

Also removed these brackets too

20170514_170501_zps1wbq0yj0.jpg

20170514_170504_zpslxoxxqht.jpg

I need to flap them smooth next week.

Cage out

20170514_185927_zpsbqc0igjx.jpg

Handbrake off

20170514_185953_zpsmblgna1o.jpg

I will be changing the top dash to get rid of the broken one here

20170514_185959_zpstk00opsc.jpg

Removed the wiring loom too to re-tape as it had a lot of paint from last time.

20170514_190047_zpsmhc64dzv.jpg

I will head to B&Q this week and choose a paint colour as I want it a darker primer colour. I want it this colour...

2594d1448423110-official-stealth-grey-thread-sg_standard_wheels.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've got a new mapping date of the 1st of July which should give me plenty of time to get the car sorted by then.

I need to identify the blowing exhaust and sort that. Then obviously finish painting the interior!

I received my new injectors from rs tuning... I'll be honest, it's absolutely night and day difference between the quality of them compared to the ones from SAS. Check out how rough the ones from sas look in terms of the plastic moulding and the deka logo... Ignore the number scratches, that was from the cowboy injector tester company.

Capture_2017-05-17-18-02-29_zpsvoxnvjkx.png

Compared to rs tunings...

20170517_180104_zpsvjxij3py.jpg

20170517_180115_zpslw4cauz5.jpg

Take from what what you will. Would be interesting to see other peoples perspective on the quality there.

Tonight ive been retaping my interior loom as I had quite a lot of paint on there when I painted my interior the first time.
20170518_205426_zpsxsx7mq0a.jpg

20170518_220854_HDR_zpsinqpbx1j.jpg

Gone for a nice Matt finish on it which I really like.

20170518_220858_zpsybi03sir.jpg

20170518_224513_zpsqhlutqhb.jpg

I completely redid the loom that you can see when it's in the car in this style just o keep it all neat and uniform.

20170518_224518_zpsbbjvklrd.jpg

Got some p clips on the way so I can tidy it all up properly. Can't wait now I've done a decent job of it.

Tomorrow I've got this to fit to the new dash. Absolutely sick to death of disconnecting the battery under the pass seat by unscrewing the 8mm nut so this makes sense. Only £12 too and it's fia approved.

20170518_225836_zpsnhivpphw.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The injectors you had originally look absolutely awful compared to the new ones!

Fingers crossed you get through the next mapping session successfully.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Injectors look night and day.
Are they both supposed to be same brand?!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The injectors you had originally look absolutely awful compared to the new ones!

Fingers crossed you get through the next mapping session successfully.
Yeah they did didn't they. Thank you man. I'm going to get a new Renault coilpack and leads too just to make sure.
Injectors look night and day.
Are they both supposed to be same brand?!
Yeah haha they're supposed to be identical... Laughable isn't it.

Just out of curiosity @dann2707 , did the s**t ones arrive in renault packaging to give the authentic look [emoji102]
No they just came in bags by themselves. Rs tuning came capped on either side.
Those original ones are fakes. No two ways about it.

He was selling some 840cc ones recently for £190! No way are they real....
You reckon? It definitely is dodgy either way.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Do you want some cable tidy stuff to put your interior loom in? I bought too much when doing mine and it's just sitting at home doing nothing. There should be plenty to do what I've done again.
It's black ribbed tube with a slit down to put wires/cables through. I've got a length down each side of the car cable tied to a little self adhesive cable tie connector.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Do you want some cable tidy stuff to put your interior loom in? I bought too much when doing mine and it's just sitting at home doing nothing. There should be plenty to do what I've done again.
It's black ribbed tube with a slit down to put wires/cables through. I've got a length down each side of the car cable tied to a little self adhesive cable tie connector.
Thank you for the offer dude! Do you have a pic of what it looks like?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I don't on me...but there might be one in my project thread. But the way I have laid my cables and wires is so I can put it all back to standard if I need to.
I'll message my dad to get one as it is at his and I am not

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Both do look good!

I think I prefer the braided sleeving but I don't really need it I don't think.

Thank you for the offer though kitson!

Got a load of p clips through yesterday so I can have it super neat and tidy. Not sure how I want them affixed though. Maybe pop rivets to save rivnutting everything! But would they crush the plastic p clip? Haven't had much involvement with pop rivets.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Both do look good!

I think I prefer the braided sleeving but I don't really need it I don't think.

Thank you for the offer though kitson!

Got a load of p clips through yesterday so I can have it super neat and tidy. Not sure how I want them affixed though. Maybe pop rivets to save rivnutting everything! But would they crush the plastic p clip? Haven't had much involvement with pop rivets.
959f70ee30bb6b6c2624595a59f5a006.jpg
[emoji848]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been a few days since I've updated everything. I've got the week off work so started painting the interior. It's really tedious to do and it's quite hard to see in the garage (first world problems) but I've got a few more coats to do and it will be sorter. Really happy with the colour as before people k

ept asking why I chose white... But it's not it was just a really shitty light grey.

First coat to check the colour

20170525_192315_zpslalrwrow.jpg

Did the full first coat today

20170530_143932_HDR_zpspghiiezz.jpg

20170530_143942_zps8fakcmad.jpg

I took a picture of the new Ford focus mk3 rs into b and q and got it colour matched to that.

Hopefully will get another layer of paint on tomorrow and get it all assembled next week.

Came back from London the other night (can see the clothes on the floor) and had to get carring as I'd been away for a few days.. So swapped my dash bits over to the new unbroken dash. Thanks @RyG it took a lot longer than expected but also fitted the cut off switch. Really happy with its location. Seems to fit in. Also fitted new as bolts with washers.

20170528_201123_zpsmxt49d4q.jpg

20170528_234857_zpsdcwrgiui.jpg

Ended up buying a new coil pack and ht leads from Renault just so I know everything is new before mapping, £120 though jeez.

20170525_180935_zpswaibalvq.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Been a few days since I've updated everything. I've got the week off work so started painting the interior. It's really tedious to do and it's quite hard to see in the garage (first world problems) but I've got a few more coats to do and it will be sorter. Really happy with the colour as before people k

ept asking why I chose white... But it's not it was just a really shitty light grey.

First coat to check the colour

20170525_192315_zpslalrwrow.jpg

Did the full first coat today

20170530_143932_HDR_zpspghiiezz.jpg

20170530_143942_zps8fakcmad.jpg

I took a picture of the new Ford focus mk3 rs into b and q and got it colour matched to that.

Hopefully will get another layer of paint on tomorrow and get it all assembled next week.

Came back from London the other night (can see the clothes on the floor) and had to get carring as I'd been away for a few days.. So swapped my dash bits over to the new unbroken dash. Thanks @RyG it took a lot longer than expected but also fitted the cut off switch. Really happy with its location. Seems to fit in. Also fitted new as bolts with washers.

20170528_201123_zpsmxt49d4q.jpg

20170528_234857_zpsdcwrgiui.jpg

Ended up buying a new coil pack and ht leads from Renault just so I know everything is new before mapping, £120 though jeez.

20170525_180935_zpswaibalvq.jpg

Was just looking for updates! Painting when there is potential big power to be had must be soul destroying!

Good job though mate [emoji106]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Was just looking for updates! Painting when there is potential big power to be had must be soul destroying!

Good job though mate [emoji106]
Yeah tell me about it Sam, although I was never happy about the colour so I'm ticking off something in my head that's mentally nagging me. Going to chuck on some more coats today.

Cheers though Dave.
I love the work on this however i couldnt be happy with silver bolts on the dash. Is there no way to get them a gray / anthracite?
I had them black before but sadly they started to rust a bit. I know what you mean though, but when it's in the car it should go with a few other details I've got in there.

can you reach the cut off switch while strapped into your seat?

I haven't tried but I very much doubt it but I'll be honest. I only wanted this fitted to save me unscrewing the battery terminals under the seat haha.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I used number plate fixings to hide the screws on my dash might be an idea not sure if you can since yours are bolted rather than self tappers.

IMG_0805.JPG

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love everything about this build. Proper job.
Quick Q: Do you know of any way to modify the height of the standard shifter? I really want to bring my 200 gearknob closer to the wheel but there are NO options out there, bar the £1k CAE.