ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Good things are here. I'm a happy man!

24396068870_f6f2463c55_b.jpg
20160129_172036 by dann2707, on Flickr

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Have found those rose joint covers to be very decent, especially if you keep them full of CV boot grease. :up:
Not going to be able to grease them. Bearings are self lubricating and get funked up with other grease apparently. :(

Ordered a camber gauge today for £20 not badddddd.

Very tempted to get a diy tracking kit, only £60.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Not going to be able to grease them. Bearings are self lubricating and get funked up with other grease apparently. :(

Ordered a camber gauge today for £20 not badddddd.

Very tempted to get a diy tracking kit, only £60.
Go to a hunter alignment place. It's only front adjustable so itll be the base rate.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Go to a hunter alignment place. It's only front adjustable so itll be the base rate.

I mean having the kit myself so I can track my car whenever I want. for example, just fitted this new hub and the tracking feels out a bit now. If I was to have my own I could just adjust it whenever I want. I might sound cynical but the majority of the places I go I don't trust them at all. It's only @AdamR I trust to do a good job but that's a fair trek away.. £30 in fuel... if you gets me mate.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You're all the dicks!

Fitted my rose joints for the arb today. All went well despite the weather.

Before and after

20160130_114352_zpsidynd9pb.jpg

However the old one was 24mm wide
20160130_120749_zpsduhvvt11.jpg

And the new one was 14mm wide insinuating that I needed to make up 5mm at one side where the bolt is in order for the link arm to not be bent. If I was to fit it without spacing it out the link arm would be bent.

20160130_120758_zpsauuhya9j.jpg

I cut down my threaded rod. Loctited it in and put a nut on to secure it

20160130_124142_zpsd7at1344.jpg

The old one in situ

20160130_124223_zpsdrthdvcc.jpg

And all on!

20160130_164652_zpsckglzu6n.jpg

20160130_164725_zpsvhww7707.jpg

The car feels so much tighter in corners, really happy with them. It's noisier in the cabin but I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Love your car Dan, i wish i could improve mine, its difficult to do anything to it when i havnt had it for 5 months lol.

I got the car mot'd in Sep just before it went bang, so thats 5 month mot wasted, 5 months tax wasted, 5 months garage rental wasted, 5 months insurance wasted, im loving the car atm its costing me nothing! :weary:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Love your car Dan, i wish i could improve mine, its difficult to do anything to it when i havnt had it for 5 months lol.

I got the car mot'd in Sep just before it went bang, so thats 5 month mot wasted, 5 months tax wasted, 5 months garage rental wasted, 5 months insurance wasted, im loving the car atm its costing me nothing! :weary:

I'd be fuming mate! Can't you pester him more to get it done? That's such a waste of money :(

I've only just warmed up!!

Hahahaha was bloody freezing wasn't it!

Can't believe the guy before you fitted those 3 spark plugs and a chicken leg. What a f**king cretin of mass proportions. Should have at least been a breast

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
After my comment on the b14's, it got me thinking. The BC's which I had before (which were awesome because of the way they raised/lowered with losing the rebound, adjusters on top, front and transfer damping, projected, etc) I was thinking of getting again. However they are £700ish.

I keep looking at the bilsteins as they seem to be the rated highly for a road coilover, which most of my driving will be. I don't want anything too harsh, especially if Emily will be using it regularly too. As I said, the only thing that put me off was the protection, until I found these:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-dampers/kirkey-coilover-cover

Just type in "coilover covers" on a Google Search and there's plenty out there. Might be worth you getting a set to help protection?

I'll be going out with you at CSF to try out the b14's and clubsports before I purchase. If that's OK that is?!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
After my comment on the b14's, it got me thinking. The BC's which I had before (which were awesome because of the way they raised/lowered with losing the rebound, adjusters on top, front and transfer damping, projected, etc) I was thinking of getting again. However they are £700ish.

I keep looking at the bilsteins as they seem to be the rated highly for a road coilover, which most of my driving will be. I don't want anything too harsh, especially if Emily will be using it regularly too. As I said, the only thing that put me off was the protection, until I found these:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-dampers/kirkey-coilover-cover

Just type in "coilover covers" on a Google Search and there's plenty out there. Might be worth you getting a set to help protection?

I'll be going out with you at CSF to try out the b14's and clubsports before I purchase. If that's OK that is?!
Good post mark.

Of course it is buddy! You'll love it :D

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hahahaha was bloody freezing wasn't it!

Can't believe the guy before you fitted those 3 spark plugs and a chicken leg. What a f**king cretin of mass proportions. Should have at least been a breast

Car is so much smoother now, loads nicer to drive.

Took the throttle body off to give it a clean when I got home, put it all back together, turned engine on and it was idling at 2000 and didn't do anything when I pushed the loud pedal. Thought I'd fucked something up, which wouldn't have been surprising but id forgotten to put the plug in the back of the throttle body haha

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@dann2707 Only just noticed you've got an LED numberplate bulb, where'd you get the bulb from? I've just ordered a new surround thing and want an LED but not one that can be seen from space!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Always enjor reading your updates Dan. One of my favourite progress threads on here as I love how you do a lot of work yourself.

Austin

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Always enjor reading your updates Dan. One of my favourite progress threads on here as I love how you do a lot of work yourself.

Austin
Very kind of you mate! Thank you for that Austin :)

Tonight I finally got around to spraying the rear ph1 lights with the red tint spray.

The hipster filter doesn't show it too well but the left light is sprayed, the right not. I just wanted to get rid of the traffic light like appearance which they have standard. Will fit sometime tomorrow once they have fully dried.

24954795842_f2d8a9d1c0_b.jpg
2016-02-16_08-35-20 by dann2707, on Flickr